Catching earlier flight

hannahsmomtoo

HI all :)

SO..

The earliest flight that Carnival allows you to enter on their "post cruise transfer" reservations is 130...

Our flight is at 1230

Should I ..

A. Enter 1230 on the form, use Carnival transfers... Get there in plenty of time

or

B. Self disembark and take a Taxi to Hobby?

The ONLY other feasible flight is at 630pm and we dont want to stay in Texas all day...

I know I am taking a risk because there can be customs delays / mechanical issues etc

Thoughts?

HI all :)

SO..

The earliest flight that Carnival allows you to enter on their "post cruise transfer" reservations is 130...

Our flight is at 1230

Should I ..

A. Enter 1230 on the form, use Carnival transfers... Get there in plenty of time

or

B. Self disembark and take a Taxi to Hobby?

The ONLY other feasible flight is at 630pm and we dont want to stay in Texas all day...

I know I am taking a risk because there can be customs delays / mechanical issues etc

Thoughts?

Hey Christine,

I always feel more comfortable playing it safe, and being in a position where i have more control over a given situation. For me, I would do the self disembark and catch a cab. Better yet, reserve a limo to pick you up ahead of time! Hannah and her bud will love it. ;)

Scott

Hey Christine,

I always feel more comfortable playing it safe, and being in a position where i have more control over a given situation. For me, I would do the self disembark and catch a cab. Better yet, reserve a limo to pick you up ahead of time! Hannah and her bud will love it. ;)

Scott

:D A limo.. courtesy of our dear sailing friend......

I dont know..

Option 3 is to take a 1:55 pm flight.. which goes into San Antonio and switches planes. One of the girls doesnt fly very well..so I was trying to avoid changing planes.. but may need to...

For transfers Carnival uses a huge bus. You will have to wait for the bus to fill before you leave and then stop at every terminal at the airport. My luck would have me at the last terminal.:rolleyes:

Look at taxis, private cars and shuttle services.

Price it out. Usually for more than two people you can find easier/cheaper/more direct ways to get where you are going than the cruiseline transfer.

:D A limo.. courtesy of our dear sailing friend......

I dont know..

Option 3 is to take a 1:55 pm flight.. which goes into San Antonio and switches planes. One of the girls doesnt fly very well..so I was trying to avoid changing planes.. but may need to...

;) I would get you a limo if I could, but I don't earn a huge salary like some people I know with their large GS salaries. ((AZ CRUISERS!!)) :D

Seriously though, I think you'll be okay utilizing any of the methods you've mentioned.

We are doing a 12:30 flight to St Louis on Oct 31st. We are platinum and will be doing self debark and a taxi. Checked limos since we did not want to wait for a shuttle to fill up, and it was $150 plus tips and from what I've read taxi will be around $100. Let us know how it worked out for you if you sail before us and I'll do the same if you are sailing after us.

Keith

Let us know what you decide and how you make out...our flight is 11:30 am and it is the only flight flying into our local airport that day so we are stuck. Our current plan is to self disembark as soon as we can and hire a private shuttle/limo service. There are 11 of us so a taxi is out of the question.

Archived