wi-fi availability in the Dockyard area

DonnaK

I was on the deck of our ship and had between 3 & 4 bars of wifi through TBi/Wifizone, yet the internet crawled at a snail's pace in the very limited amount of time that it did anything. I tried for about an hour to do what would take maybe 2-5 mins on a normal internet speed. When I asked for a refund, they said that they didn't give refunds. I was direct but not rude, but when I said that I would be reporting them, the person working there (the same lady I saw there before), replied, "Sounds good."

I was on the deck of our ship and had between 3 & 4 bars of wifi through TBi/Wifizone, yet the internet crawled at a snail's pace in the very limited amount of time that it did anything. I tried for about an hour to do what would take maybe 2-5 mins on a normal internet speed. When I asked for a refund, they said that they didn't give refunds. I was direct but not rude, but when I said that I would be reporting them, the person working there (the same lady I saw there before), replied, "Sounds good."

Like I said in reply on the other thread you posted on once you activated the service getting a refund would likely have to be thru the company that issued the card. The shop is only selling cards. They don't run or own the service.

I also explained that WiFi is low power and short range. A hotspot on land is not going to carry well to and up a 12 to 14 story mega ship made of metal. And the signal will bounce around the metal decks when it reaches even if you get bars. That local service can't put repeaters on the ship. WiFi is not beamed from a tower like a cell signal. Those who were able to get any service on the ship were standing in a lucky spot. The WiFi hotspot is going to work best in and near the shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515