• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Anyone Else Having Trouble With The Guest Information Form????

gdlamberth

We have a cruise coming up next month and while I can put contact and passport information in the Guest Information Form; I can not seem to get pillow, physical needs or special requests (Baileys in the Bar Set up:o) to take.

Anyone having any similar problems? Any secrets (like changing from IE10 to IE8 or 9)?

Thanks,

Greg

And I enter the item or check the "radio button" BUT it doesn't save when I "submit" updates.:eek:

This is what happens when I try to update my preferences as well. Trying to enter and submit in-room bar setup and mattress preference and it will not save. Hmmm...

Try using a different browser. Also, there is a limit to the number of characters you can put in the special request section, and although you can type away, if you exceed the number of characters, the system disregards everything.

Try using a different browser. Also, there is a limit to the number of characters you can put in the special request section, and although you can type away, if you exceed the number of characters, the system disregards everything.

I tried using IE10, IE9 and IE8 and it still didn't take. I've had this problem for 2 or 3 months now. :(

Ironically, SS is bugging my TA because I haven't filled in the form yet for our cruise. I also haven't paid for the cruise yet and may bail (final payment isn't due for a week) because of SS's attitude towards their customers. Certainly being hassled over something like the guest information form doesn't do much to make me feel good about giving them $$$$$.

I filled in the forms for both of us. Mine took, my husband's form is again unpopulated. And the forms, although containing most of the same information, are a bit different. How very odd. But we have months and months to go so not a major issue-yet.

As far as customer service- this will be our first SS cruise and have had a couple of major issues come up. Have been quite impressed by the response- once I found the correct person to query. But I was rather persistant.

The website was fine this morning. Was able to do everything necessary on My Voyage.

Had to change my Internet Explorer configuration to IE9 and was able to make changes. One interesting feature though was that DH and I have to have the same pillow choices and the same text in the "Is there anything we have overlooked?: " block. The latter I would expect but not the former:(. We do not have the same pillow choice:rolleyes:. At least this one should be easy to fix on board. Glad I was able to get Dh's Coke Zero (not Diet Coke but Coke Zero:p) preference in as that may not be a commonly stocked item.

Remember all you IE10 users, I think you have to change your browser mode to IE9.;)

Greg

The website was fine this morning. Was able to do everything necessary on My Voyage.

That's good to know- thank you. I was losing the will to live trying before!

I will try again tomorrow in the hope that the IT gods are still favourably disposed.

After cruising with Silversea for many years I have found that sending preferences for your suite (pillows, bar/refrigerator setup, no flowers, early embarkation time, etc.) by separate Email works best for me because you get a response back acknowledging your request. Send the Email to SpecialServices@silversea.com and reference your booking number, voyage number, suite number, ship, and your embarkation date. I hope this helps.

After cruising with Silversea for many years I have found that sending preferences for your suite (pillows, bar/refrigerator setup, no flowers, early embarkation time, etc.) by separate Email works best for me because you get a response back acknowledging your request. Send the Email to SpecialServices@silversea.com and reference your booking number, voyage number, suite number, ship, and your embarkation date. I hope this helps.

Now why didn't I think of that?:o

Most helpful.

I think I will try belt and braces ie complete the form and and also send email.

Who knows, I may get double rations!:rolleyes:

Thanks again.

Archived