Jet 2 flights to Tenerife

tring

I understand Fred is using jet 2 charter flights to Tenerife this winter. I appreciate some aspects may differ to normal Jet 2 flights as it is a charter, but has anyone travelled on a Fred Olsen Jet 2 Charter and, if so, how does it compare to other flights, such as Thomson.

Main difference is it is an entirely 'no frills' service on-board, expect to pay for anything you want to eat/drink during the flight.

It is not an especially long flight and we just picked up some decent food from Pret in the airport.

Aircraft itself is fine, no worries on that score, just lacks the service in-flight that we used to get from Thompson.

Thanks for that, actually in the last year or so Thomson have now stopped including any food on their short haul flights (up to 6 hours), unless you buy something in the air (hot wraps, paninis, soup or sandwiches), so it is not that strange.

I have heard horror stories about jostling for seats on Easy Jet, although we have never travelled with a no frills airline.

I had picked up somewhere that the luggage allowance was still decent on Jet 2, is that correct and were you able to have allocated seats prior to boarding the plane?

Seats are allocated on check-in, no facility ot do that in advance, also no 'premium' seating, but to be honest all seats seemed perfectly fine for the length of the flight.

Baggage allowance was around 25Kg from memory, I'll dig out the details later.

As long as seats are allocated before you actually board the plane, that is fine for me. I think I had heard the baggage allowance was a tad more than 20kgs. As long as they do not do the 15 kgs stint that is fine by me and, come to think of it, Fred Olsen will probably dictate that so I can get details from them if necessary, so do not worry about digging out your details.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Archived