• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Sailing out of Ensenada

JerseyShore

Woody, about when do you think your bus left San Diego?

Now you are testing my memory !!:D

I want to say it was between 4-4:30...I know we were on the freeway, and arriving at the Border during early evening rush-hour.

Funny though...it left BEFORE the time they originally had it scheduled for...we were at Anthony's Fish Grotto enjoying a beverage, when one of our party, who had stayed in the Terminal, texted me, and said they were calling our Bus #...45 minutes before it was scheduled...but we still had no problem getting onboard in plenty of time.

Hope this helps

Woody

Has anyone had experience carrying the two bottles of wine Celebrity allows you across the Mexican boarder? Did that cause any issues?

Not a problem...I believe I read once

that Mexico allows you to bring up to 6 Liters of Wine across the border without declaring it. I carried a 6 pack box carrier with 6 bottles of wine (3 cabins), without a problem.

Enjoy

Woody

Just thought of one more thing.

Many people really need to use the bathroom by the time the bus gets down to Ensenada.

They had nice, clean bathrooms in the building on the dock after you pass through the metal detector, if you don't want to wait until you get on the ship.

What time they start running the buses will depend on what time the ship leaves San Diego.

The ship gets a head start because they want the ship to be down in Ensenada before the buses arrive so that bus passengers are not left standing around down there waiting for the ship.

If they are going to keep us waiting around, they would rather it be in San Diego than Ensenada.

What time they start running the buses will depend on what time the ship leaves San Diego.

The ship gets a head start because they want the ship to be down in Ensenada before the buses arrive so that bus passengers are not left standing around down there waiting for the ship.

If they are going to keep us waiting around, they would rather it be in San Diego than Ensenada.

For those doing the Solstice cruise in September, this won't be an issue, as the ship leaves San Diego the prior evening...those on the Millie (hopefully) in October, this will be a factor.

Enjoy

Woody

They also had wine for sale at the pier....limited selection and a little bit higher prices, but you could get your wine there, if needed, and bring on board with you. :)

P . S. Hi to Woody!

Hi

Are talking about the pier in San Diego or Ensenada?

Archived