Air Deviation request, TA or Oceania

Graypanther

In another thread, someone mentioned that a friend had gone directly to Oceania for their deviation request. Perhaps that person had their booking with Oceania? I thought if you had a TA you had to go though the TA for your deviation.

In another thread, someone mentioned that a friend had gone directly to Oceania for their deviation request. Perhaps that person had their booking with Oceania? I thought if you had a TA you had to go though the TA for your deviation.

If you booked through an Agent originally, then you must make all significant changes to that booking through that Agent.

I think you are referred to my comment on the other thread, my colleague booked with O and I booked with a TA, that is why she could talk to O directly and I couldn't.

If you booked through an Agent originally, then you must make all significant changes to that booking through that Agent.

Just curious as you use "originally." I, quite often, originally book with Oceania and then transfer to a TA. I must use TA then??

Yes, mjforfunca, I was referring to your comment. You said your friends got better results than you because they were able to go directly. I also have had spotty results from my TA and will be changing my TA because of that.

Just curious as you use "originally." I, quite often, originally book with Oceania and then transfer to a TA. I must use TA then??

Yes, once the booking is in the hands of an Agent then you must. Incidentally, you might want to refrain from inferring that you would prefer to handle the booking yourself, lest Oceania conclude that offering perquisites through that type of Agent is not the best business plan :cool:

Yes, once the booking is in the hands of an Agent then you must. Incidentally, you might want to refrain from inferring that you would prefer to handle the booking yourself, lest Oceania conclude that offering perquisites through that type of Agent is not the best business plan :cool:

If that's what you or Oceania infer then you would be incorrect. You might want to reread what I said about the TA. As someone relatively new to cruising and using a TA, finding a decent agent has not been easy. That might seem strange to someone that has cruised for awhile, got lucky with a recommendation or internet search, or is a cruise insider. What I don't know is if Oceania understands how "borked" the communication can be between them and their customer with the TA in the middle, and I speak from experience with three different TAs. But I digress. The reason I go to Oceania "originally" is that I book onboard and I don't want to use the TA that booked the cruise I am on.

If that's what you or Oceania infer then you would be incorrect. You might want to reread what I said about the TA. As someone relatively new to cruising and using a TA, finding a decent agent has not been easy. That might seem strange to someone that has cruised for awhile, got lucky with a recommendation or internet search, or is a cruise insider. What I don't know is if Oceania understands how "borked" the communication can be between them and their customer with the TA in the middle, and I speak from experience with three different TAs. But I digress. The reason I go to Oceania "originally" is that I book onboard and I don't want to use the TA that booked the cruise I am on.

If you are doing your "original" bookings on board, you are in the perfect place to find a really good TA who works extensively with Oceania and definitely won't "bork' your communications. We can't exchange that info here on CC but while on board just chat with a few of your fellow passengers over dinner or cocktails and get some recommendations. You'll probably find you hear a few names over and over again. Latch on to one and then sit back and relax.

Happy sailings.

If you are doing your "original" bookings on board, you are in the perfect place to find a really good TA who works extensively with Oceania and definitely won't "bork' your communications. We can't exchange that info here on CC but while on board just chat with a few of your fellow passengers over dinner or cocktails and get some recommendations. You'll probably find you hear a few names over and over again. Latch on to one and then sit back and relax.

Happy sailings.

Excellent advice. I've been unlucky. Fourth agent may be the one! But stuck with number three for three more cruises.

Archived