Grandeur Engine Trouble

As for the Grandeur, it is in need of a dry dock for both major and minor repairs. Our steward was not the best we have had, but he wasn't bad either. Our Head Waiter (Gustav from India) was the best HW we have ever had or seen. But most of the staff (Explorations, photographers, etc) seemed to only be available at a time that was convenient to them, not the passengers. (IE opened up only when the show was versus being available before the show.)

Jeff: we had Gustav as our head waiter on the May 24th 9day

He was awesome .... !!!! He was a hard worker too but gave off like he was just having a good time!!

anyone bound for the Grandeur.... have a great time... the Captain is a great guy and the cruise is always what you make of it... We went with our older teens and they had a blast!!! ENJOY!!

I was also on the 6/24 Grandeur cruise and everyone in my family had a wonderful time. We found the dining room service to be very good and the food to be decent (I'd classify it as average for most of the nights, and better than average for 3 of the nights--specifically Italian night, lobster night, and the last night). However, there definitely was a yucky sewage smell in our bathroom on the fourth deck for the second half of the cruise. It was pretty gross and the smells seemed to be eminating from both the shower drain and the toilet. Also, the engine trouble certainly didn't affect our enjoyment of the cruise--we were happy to get a free half day at sea and a few extra hours of sleep on the last day!!

It's obvious from everyone's posts the ship needs to be refurbished. I will be on her in September and if I have a similar experience to what Fay said I will say it. No rose colored glasses here. The overwhelming majority of the comments regarding this ship are positive so we shall see. My last two cruises were on Zenith and Horizon so I doubt I will feel she is out dated.

I heard about Cruise Critic while I was on the Grandeur from some nice people we met at dinner. They are constantly keeping up with the ship even as you cruise, they put down new carpet on some of the steps, painted lights, so they do try to keep the ship in good shape. We were at a large table and enjoyed the company of new friends. I hope you have a great time on your cruise.

Wow....

I love the Grandeur! I would sail on her again in a heartbeat! And, if she limped back to port, I would be too happy, 'cause I would have been able to stay onboard longer!! DANG, I miss all the exciting stuff! :D

I'm with you on this one. I would also LOVE to be on a cruise that gets extended time. My luck tho, I would always be on the next group.The one that gets stuck with the shortened amount of time. :(

It's obvious from everyone's posts the ship needs to be refurbished. I will be on her in September and if I have a similar experience to what Fay said I will say it. No rose colored glasses here. The overwhelming majority of the comments regarding this ship are positive so we shall see. My last two cruises were on Zenith and Horizon so I doubt I will feel she is out dated.

I don't agree that it is obvious that "everyone's" posts indicate a consensus that a refurbishment is needed but I look forward to reading your posts and learning your opinion after you cruise her in September. When you consider how many passengers these ships carry every week, it is a wonder, even though they always seem to be cleaning, painting and recarpeting something on every cruise, that they don't need refurbishment more frequently. If the Enchantment stretch and refurbishment is well received, it might be that Grandeur will receive similar treatment. I think that of all the Vision class ships, Grandeur is most like Enchantment and might therefore be the best candidate.

Archived