Cruise Critic Community
RickT

Excessive E-mail from Celebrity?

I used to get an e-mail once a week or so. Then it became every second day, now I've received the same e-mail every day since Sunday.

Is anyone else having this problem? I don't mind e-mails that let me know of sales/specials/promos and such but to get the same e-mail 4 days in a row is getting a little tiring.

I was getting the same email a few times a day. I unsubscribed the other day and need to resubscribe. Trying to see if that fixes the issue.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

A lot of companies do that. In the past I've started to get daily emails from such companies selling items such as clothing, coffee, tea and plants among others. You think these companies would realize that while we'd like to get offers now and then that sending us mail ever single day (some days more than once) would just get them on our junk mail filter or move us to unsubscribe.

Edited by Lsimon

And I quit getting emails, but they are texting me what they used to send a few times a week! I wish they would go back to emails. Not real fond of the mobile Celebrity site!

I used to get an e-mail once a week or so. Then it became every second day, now I've received the same e-mail every day since Sunday.

Is anyone else having this problem? I don't mind e-mails that let me know of sales/specials/promos and such but to get the same e-mail 4 days in a row is getting a little tiring.

:( Yes!!! We get them four to six times a week!!! Instead of making me want to book another Celebrity cruise it's just getting me annoyed. I've called them about it weeks ago but it has not done any good!!! :(

I'm fine with the amount of emails I get from Celebrity, but I do wish they'd get my first name right :) Somehow, my emails are currently addressed as "Dear Howard". I have a relative by that name, and I suspect his records must be mixed up with mine. Oy !

I'm fine with the amount of emails I get from Celebrity, but I do wish they'd get my first name right :) Somehow, my emails are currently addressed as "Dear Howard". I have a relative by that name, and I suspect his records must be mixed up with mine. Oy !

At least they've got your gender right!

Jane, aka "Raymond"

A few months ago I was getting e-mails with specials for tri-state cruisers (?) or New York cruisers. I have lived in FL for 20 years and when I did live in NY I had never been near any cruise ship. :) They seem to have stopped but maybe it is because they aren't pushing Bermuda cruises now.

As soon as I book a cruise the e-mails seem to disappear.

Hi all,

If you are having an email issue - such as duplicate emails, wrong region, or anything else, please feel free to let us know here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1q2E7Y6pVgrKh9zvmZkjq_hisSGT-oBtEeN2OSh8JJRQ/viewform

We'll be sure to investigate, and to correct the issues when possible. Thanks!

Hi Celebrity,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and posting the form. It's much appreciated !

Just input my info on the link. Let's see if it goes back to one copy of each e-mail.

Hi all,

If you are having an email issue - such as duplicate emails, wrong region, or anything else, please feel free to let us know here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1q2E7Y6pVgrKh9zvmZkjq_hisSGT-oBtEeN2OSh8JJRQ/viewform

When booking a cruise online, I noticed that there is a check box to click if you want to receive email from Celebrity.

Do you suppose marking that box is causing the additional emails to be generated for those who are already on the mailing list?

Or is the computer programmed to check whether or not that email address is already on the mailing list before adding it?

Guess this was only a temporary fix. I've now received eight copies of the "Experience a vacation of Modern Luxury" e-mail since Sept 28th.

I just completed the form again to see if this can stop!

Celebrity has no problem getting the emails to me almost daily EXCEPT for the Tuesday Specials.....I have only received those once!

When it comes to receiving Celebrity emails, its feast or famine in my case. For months, I didn't receive one stinkin' email from Celebrity... then I started receiving emails intended for cruisers from the UK.. then those emails stopped. Now I receive the "Modern Luxury" email ad nauseam, and rarely receive the Tuesday special email.

I don't know which is worse, the website or their email marketing efforts.

Edited by dmp223
type

On the flip side, I've NEVER received an email from =X= , even though I've requested to be put on the mailing list! After reading this thread, however, I guess I should consider myself lucky!? :D

~ Jill ~

I am fine with the emails. I can delete them very easy. It is better than Carnival that follows up with a phone call whenever you look at their cruises.

.:D

Too many e-mails are far better than too many robo calls. I get the same calls almost every day asking me to purchase a security system or get a loan.

We have 3 cruises booked for the next 13 months and we still get an email every single day...the same one each time. We also get the Tuesday specials email, which I dont mind. Not really an issue though, I just delete them along with all the other junk mail.

Hi all,

Repeating an earlier post..

Hi all,

Repeating an earlier post..

Hi Celebrity,

It's repeating because the problem is repeating. As mentioned I followed your link and the excess e-mails stopped for about 2 mths.. now they are back as bad as ever. I re=entered my info and have my fingers crossed.