Jamaican Bob Sled Excursion

Warm Breezes

After all the negative things I have read on CC about Jamaica, I just wanted to come on here and tell of the very positive experience we had there last week.

We booked the Jamaican Bob Sled excursion through Carnival. Carnival Freedom docked in Ochos Rios. Our tickets directed us to the end of the pier at 8:30 AM. We got there shortly after 8:10 AM and were sent immediately to an awaiting shuttle bus. A short ride later we were let off at Mystic Mountain and told to come back down when ever we were ready and shuttle buses would be waiting to take us either back to the ship or to Dunn's River Falls. We got in a short line to head up the mountain on the Skylift Ride. It was an approximately 15 minute ride that was worth the cost of the excursion right there. The views were absolutely beautiful.

Once at the top, the DD and her BFF were caught up with some dancing with a few locals. We then stored our bags in a locker and got in the short line for our Bob Sled ride. DD and BFF connected their sleds, as well as DH and myself, DS went down as a single rider. We were nervous that DS wouldn't fit his 6'8" body in the sled, but he fit just fine. The ride was thrilling and fun and the slow ride back up the mountain was gorgeous and peaceful.

Back at the top, the girls changed into their swim suits and did some swimming in the beautiful infinity pool. The views of the ship below were unbelievable. We then took a walk on the trails and saw the hummingbird garden. Everything was so beautiful it just took my breath away. After a couple of hours we took the Skylift back down the mountain to a shuttle that was waiting to take us back to the ship. The shuttle dropped us off at a small shopping are about a 5 minute walk to the ship. Since it was starting to rain liquid sunshine on us, we just did a little shopping before heading back. We didn't run into any of the pushy vendors that have been described on these boards or any unsavory people. Everyone we met was friendly and helpful and scenery was beyond words. This is definately a port I would visit again.

Do they make you sign some kind of liability waiver to do the bobsled? Curious of your impression of its safety.

We are debating between Mystic Mountain and river tubing on the White River when we go to Ocho at the end of September.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Do they make you sign some kind of liability waiver to do the bobsled? Curious of your impression of its safety.

We are debating between Mystic Mountain and river tubing on the White River when we go to Ocho at the end of September.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You did sign a waiver on the bus but I didn't seem unsafe at all. You were buckled into the Bob Sled and controlled your own breaks.

Archived