Jul. 3, 2005 - Adventurer of the Seas

Thanks for the reviews - I'm going to be on the same ship, with the same itin. in August and I'm getting excited. I can't wait for St.Lucia.

How was the promenade on the ship? I've heard differing opinions. Some say it's amazing while others mention only how noisy and dark it is.

The lighting on the promenade varys depending on the time of day - it's really cool - I think RC does a very nice job. It's noisy when they have parades I suppose but I generally don't find it noisy. I really like the promenade.

It was really nice to have a sea day on our final day. I'm not going on a cruise again that has only one sea day. We finally had a chance to explore the ship. As usual it was sad to say goodbye to our waiters (the best ever I think), tablemates and various staff throughout the ship. Debarkation wasn't too bad although I don't know why they make you line up outside in the heat for 45 minutes when there is already a line up inside the cool building. US Air managed to leave late due to "bagage handling delays".

This meant that the time between flights in the notoriously congested Philadelphia was frighteningly small. I was sure that we were going to spend the night there. But alas, there was no staff available to board us for a while so we made the connecting flight. It seemed like there was enough time to get our 3 pieces of checked luggage transfered between planes, especially since the planes were practically beside each other. Well, 2 made it. So we were delayed again in Buffalo as we stood in the long line at the US Air office. I always enjoy showing them a picture of the missing luggage - I'm a hardened traveller. :-) They delivered the missing piece the following afternoon - it was the suit bag - no big deal.

Looking forward to my next cruise.

Stu.

The lighting on the promenade varys depending on the time of day - it's really cool - I think RC does a very nice job. It's noisy when they have parades I suppose but I generally don't find it noisy. I really like the promenade.

Thanks for the opinion. I appreciate hearing them. Everything else I'd read varied from love-hate. I'm sure it'll be wonderful!

Archived