Cabin Guarantee

finnkle

I have cruised with Celebrity once in the past but the past few years been focused on Princess. There is a cruise I am interested in doing and had a question in terms of booking.

Do I book the exact cabin I want or can I book just a Guaranteed cabin category? With princess we would book a guarantee and hope for a upgrade and often that would happen (better room category, not an update to a different type of room).

Can we book guarantees through Celebrity? If not, how often do upgrades happen?

It's a crap shoot. Personally, I like surprises, so I like to book guarantees. I booked a balcony gty on Silhouette when they were offering balconies at the price of an inside, and fully expected a 2D fully obstructed, but got a 2A. EM

I have cruised with Celebrity once in the past but the past few years been focused on Princess. There is a cruise I am interested in doing and had a question in terms of booking.

Do I book the exact cabin I want or can I book just a Guaranteed cabin category? With princess we would book a guarantee and hope for a upgrade and often that would happen (better room category, not an update to a different type of room).

Can we book guarantees through Celebrity? If not, how often do upgrades happen?

Yes and no. Sometimes you can book only the Veranda category but other times I have seen a specific category guarantee. I have done it a few times but not a specific level just veranda or Concierge Class and have been happy with cabin.

Gail

Archived