• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Help needed

kutty77

hello everyone I need some advice my parents and I are booked on the Explorer of the seas for December 29th 2013. I was just looking up the cruise to see that if I was to change them from a Jr suite to a superior balcony that the price would go down $1150.00. Which is worth it to my parents. But unfortunately I had to book with a travel agent because of their using the Next Booking. The travel agaent wont be back until Tuesday because of the holiday weekend. What would you do?

hello everyone I need some advice my parents and I are booked on the Explorer of the seas for December 29th 2013. I was just looking up the cruise to see that if I was to change them from a Jr suite to a superior balcony that the price would go down $1150.00. Which is worth it to my parents. But unfortunately I had to book with a travel agent because of their using the Next Booking. The travel agaent wont be back until Tuesday because of the holiday weekend. What would you do?

Wait till Tues.

How do I save this price drop until Tuesday? I just tried to call Royal too and they are closed already too

You could book the cruise on Royal's website and cancel the other cruise on Tuesday. You would lose the OBC from the Next Cruise, but it sounds like the savings more than makes up for the loss of OBC. If the price stays low until Tuesday, then get the price drop on the original booking and cancel the new booking.

id wait until Tuesday. If they are using the NB credit, they could lose the down payment as well. If they are going as the friend, they would only lose the OBC, unless it was still within 30 days of the NBC for the original cabin.

How do I save this price drop until Tuesday? I just tried to call Royal too and they are closed already too

Royal is open 24/7. You have to call the main number 1-866-562-7625 then press the options as if you want to make a new reservation. Any other option choices will bring you to a message saying that they are closed. If you call and press the options as if you were making a new reservation you will get an agent who can help you even with your existing booking. However if you are booked with a TA they will be unable to change the cabin category on your existing booking and will refer you to your TA.

The travel agaent wont be back until Tuesday because of the holiday weekend. What would you do?

On a previous similar thread, the person had taken a screen shot of the new rate, as well as placed a courtesy hold. They were going to call once RCI (or TA?) opened. Good luck!

Thanks everyone I contacted Royal today and they got in touch with my travel agent and I save $910.00 on my cruise Thanks again

That's great, I've never heard of Royal reaching out to an agency like that. Good to know!:)

Guest maddycat

In the future be sure to get a Next Cruise certificate that is not assigned to a travel agent. Then, you will have the option of booking directly with RCI or with any TA.

Archived