Dinner in Seattle

We will soon be in Seattle, pre-cruise. Looking for a good restaurant for dinner. I wanted to try the space needle since it is so uniquely Seattle, but SIL has a fear of heights.

We like all types of food (we are on vacation so calories don't count).

Any suggestions?

There are several decent bars & eateries not far from the Space Needle - maybe you can persuade SIL to sit in a bar and enjoy a cocktail while the rest of you daredevils risk life and limb up the tower? :D

My fave Seattle resto is Mistral - in-between the needle and downtown core, easily walked from either. Excellent food, well prepared, and if you sit at the kitchen you get some good chat from the crew. BOKA is another regular haunt of ours - incredible value on Sun/Mon with wines at half-price, but decent value the rest of the week too. Close to SAM, so nearer downtown than the needle but still walkable.

I am surprised that some of the Seattle posters haven't join in here but over the years restaurants that I have enjoyed in the Emerald City include, in no particular order, the Walrus and the Carpenter, Elliot's Oyster House, Ivar's Acres of Clams, McCormick and Schmicks, Ray's Boat House and Anthony's Pier 66. For reasons I don't understand Seattle has many more seafood restaurants then Vancouver.

Thank you martincath and Putterdude, great suggestions.

You know, suggesting that my SIL enjoy a cocktail at sea level while we go boldly up into the space needle might just be the nudge she needs to accompany us. Her "fear" of heights is more an "I am not so sure about this" feeling. With all the choices I know we will find one to agree on. Thank you, again.

Archived