Shoe Shine Service

miched

Have any of you used the perk for having your shoes shined?

I have seen it as a perk for either the cabin or club status and never used it. Either forget about it or just didn't need it.

Would appreciate any experiences.

Thanks

I have used the service and the shoes have come back looking real sharp. However, you need to remind your cabin attendant when you need them returned. They were not returned when the appetizers were dropped off around 4:30 and we had an early dinner that night. The shoes were back in 10 minutes.

My black pumps came back looking great. I left a note along with a couple of $ tucked into them and they were done by the time we came back from breakfast.

We asked for some help cleaning up DH's sandy beach shoes and they were nicer than new when returned a couple of days later. Our steward had taken them to the crew area to deal with them, and we got them back a couple if days later. Needless to say, we left an extra tip.

Even though it's a perk for Concierge and above, my BF got his shoes shined without charge in a regular balcony cabin.

They came out great by the way. He was sad when he had to shine them again and they didn't look as nice.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Forums mobile app

Do you leave the TIP (To Insure Prompness) before with the shoes or give it after?

What is considered appropriate?

I have seen in movies where the shoes were left outside the door to be shined but don't think that I would do that. Do you give them to the attendant, if not where do you place them if you want hem shined?

Archived