Western Caribbean reviews

LTFRFD

Ok this may sound funny but I'm a water guy and usually base my trip on which island has the nicest water. I absolutely love the eastern Caribbean and I'm afraid I won't find the type of crystal blue water you find there. My wife conned me into the western itinerary and I hope I won't be disappointed. Please tell me they have nice water. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

You said you weren't an excursion guy, but if you want beautiful water you should look into a snorkel trip in Belize to Shark Ray Alley and then to Caye Caulker. Fantastic day. We did a private excursion. Can't remember the name but found info on ports of call and/or trip advisor. Mahogany Bay has beautiful beaches away from the cruise port. ENJOY!

several years ago we rented a jeep in cozumel road makes a big circle around the island stopped at mr sanchos and ate lunch on the beach there was no charge to enter we had to buy something to sit at tables on the beach food was good also stopped at paradise beach no charge to enter at that time but you did have to pay to use loungers and such it was nice also then we drove to the other side of the island really pretty couldnt go all the way around at that time due to hurricane damage so we drove back into town only problem there is parking not much avaliable was a fun day if you wald through shopping area to the cab area the rental car area was there also

You're in luck because I'm a "beach kinda girl". :p I guess it also helps that I have done these ports a few times, actually, so much that after my December cruise, I swear to NOT go back to the western for awhile (I'm going back to Eastern, trying Southern or Bermuda!!! Darnit!!)

Anyhow, tons of links in my signature line. They are clickable (just make sure on the LONG ones that you are on the right corresponding post listed beside each review. Everyone has their "forum post" set differently, so when you click on the link, it might not take you to the correct page because I have mine set very high). :)

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Looking forward to reading your reviews. You've been highly reccomended. Thanks for the info

Thank you all for the information. Sounds like I will enjoy the west side. Actually found mr sanchos FB page. That place looks great. Thank you all again !

Archived