did Celebrity ever do towel animals?

porrah

We've only had towel animals a couple times over the years. But even on the very few cruises we've had them it was only once or twice a cruise and not every night.

They are not standard procedure on Celebrity like some other lines. As a result I'm guessing the stewards on Celebrity are not trained in them and their schedules don't allow time to do them (the stewards seem to be covering more and more cabins every year). I'd also guess the few times we've had them it was because a steward knew how to do them from prior work on a different cruise line and just did them once every now and then.

We just returned from our first Celebrity cruise. (Mediterranean, Equinox) I know the crew work hard etc etc, but I must admit to being a little disappointed that on our 12 day cruise we didnt get any creations. On other lines, we have always looked forward to seeing what would be in our cabin and it got to be a game between us and the cabin steward. Is this the norm for Celebrity? Maybe towel animals are beneath them? Or did we just have a lousy steward?

No towel animals? How awful. I would never sail with them again!!!!:D

We didn't have any towel animals on our recent Medit cruise on the Reflection. However, since we had early 6:00 dinner seating (which was never full since the popular time on European cruises appears to be late seating) our waiter would often entertain us after dinner with napkin flowers, birds, etc. It was great to watch him do it.

In march, we didn't have a single towel animal. On our recent reflection cruise, we had it ONE time only. Others told us they had towel animals allmost every night. So it is very much depending on your stateroom attendant.

Edited by UniPac

We had towel animals on Eclipse, and on our first Equinox cruise, the first thing I did was to buy an Equinox teddy bear (I collect the Bears from the ships :-)

Each night our steward left the towel animals together with the bear, sometimes holding hands, sometimes with arms around each other, etc, in different places all over the cabin. I thought they were amazing - and she was a brilliant steward too :)

Lou

Last year we travelled with the family. The grandchildren (7 & 4) slept with their parents but were frequent visitors to our room. The steward, when realising we had guests, made an array of towel animals, his speciality seemed to be a monkey wearing glasses!

Never had them before and certainly not this earlier this year. A fantastic amusement for the the young, but I agree with others, I think the stewards work hard enough without having to worry that this "extra" should be expected.

Towel Animal threads seem to pop up every now and then...and I'd say the only thing that is definitive on Celebrity...is...that some folks find them in their cabin; some don't; some enjoy them; some don't; some say great for kids; some (wife and I) are still "old" kids at heart.

I do however disagree with the comments about how the Stewards/Attendants are busy enough etc...etc

I think we all know/have known, or perhaps are, someone who leads a busy work life, yet still make time to do things that put a smile in someone else's life. Example: the Cop who during his busy schedule still takes time to stop/talk and maybe hand out plastic badges to children; the Barista at my local coffee shop who regardless of how busy she is, still finds a minute to come outside and see my dogs, who are usually in my car; the Trainer at my local Gold's Gym who even in the middle of a training session with a client, still will help someone she sees nearby who might be doing an exercise, or using a machine, improperly.

My point...it's the little things, above and beyond, that might make a cruise special for someone...and perhaps keep them coming back to Celebrity, or some other line. It might be Johanna (one of the morning table cleaners in the Ocean View on the Millie), who knew I would always want a bottle of water to have with my morning breakfast, and somehow, magically, even if I weren't in her section, saw me and got that bottle of water before I sometimes even sat down; or Cheryl, (Room Attendant on the Eclipse), who loved to make towel animals, and filled our cabin with them over 14 nights; or Wid (Martini Bar on Millie) who knew I wasn't a big "martini" fan, but would have my other "non-martini" beverage of choice ready when he saw me approaching, regardless of how busy he was.

These are the folks I will never, well barring dementia, forget...and perhaps why I will book another cruise on Celebrity.

Enjoy....Towel Animal...or not !!...and go out and make it a great day today, and no matter how busy you are, put a smile in someone else's life !! :) :) :)

Woody

Edited by rwr235

Towel Animal threads seem to pop up every now and then...and I'd say the only thing that is definitive on Celebrity...is...that some folks find them in their cabin; some don't; some enjoy them; some don't; some say great for kids; some (wife and I) are still "old" kids at heart.

I do however disagree with the comments about how the Stewards/Attendants are busy enough etc...etc

I think we all know/have known, or perhaps are, someone who leads a busy work life, yet still make time to do things that put a smile in someone else's life. Example: the Cop who during his busy schedule still takes time to stop/talk and maybe hand out plastic badges to children; the Barista at my local coffee shop who regardless of how busy she is, still finds a minute to come outside and see my dogs, who are usually in my car; the Trainer at my local Gold's Gym who even in the middle of a training session with a client, still will help someone she sees nearby who might be doing an exercise, or using a machine, improperly.

My point...it's the little things, above and beyond, that might make a cruise special for someone...and perhaps keep them coming back to Celebrity, or some other line. It might be Johanna (one of the morning table cleaners in the Ocean View on the Millie), who knew I would always want a bottle of water to have with my morning breakfast, and somehow, magically, even if I weren't in her section, saw me and got that bottle of water before I sometimes even sat down; or Cheryl, (Room Attendant on the Eclipse), who loved to make towel animals, and filled our cabin with them over 14 nights; or Wid (Martini Bar on Millie) who knew I wasn't a big "martini" fan, but would have my other "non-martini" beverage of choice ready when he saw me approaching, regardless of how busy he was.

These are the folks I will never, well barring dementia, forget...and perhaps why I will book another cruise on Celebrity.

Enjoy....Towel Animal...or not !!...and go out and make it a great day today, and no matter how busy you are, put a smile in someone else's life !! :) :) :)

Woody

Woody

Thank you for your post. It brightened my day.

Bill

150+ nights on Celebrity and I think we have seen towel animals 2 nights.

On lines that do them on a regular basis, we tell the steward the first night that they appear that they no longer need to do them for our cabin. I guess if you've never seen them before, they are cute but after you've seen them once it, for us, is same old, same old. But the biggest factor is if it takes 5 minutes to do one elaborate creation and the steward has 20 cabins, that is 100 minutes, or 1 hour 40 minutes that could be spent in their crew quarters. For people who work 80+ hours a week, 7 days for 6+ months, that little extra added time could, at the least, be refreshing.

Woody

You are so right, Woody. Folks like that are what keep me coming back to Celebrity. And it's really wonderful to see them again on a subsequent cruise.

As for towel animals, had never seen one until our recent B2B2B on the Infinity. Got one on the second leg and one on the third. They're cute but not essential to my enjoyment of the cruise.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

Hi, just back from Silhouette we had two rooms and each room had the towel animals every night; they were a lot of fun. It does seem odd that it's so hit and miss, this was our first cruise and if we had not have had them we wouldn't have known any different however I did rather love them and would miss them if we didn't have them another time.

Karen

I hate it when all the towel animals get to the pool deck at 7 am and take over the place.

8561625493_c71a75a93d.jpg33668.jpg

I just got off the Celebrity Solstice to Alaska. I received towel art on the first night, and TOLD THE ROOM STEWARD WE LOVED IT. After that I had towel art every night. Sometimes he'd grap our cruise critic beads and make jewelry with for the animal. Hilarious. Loved it.

I have a video you can see of the trip. there is towel art in the slideshow.

http://email.tripwow.com/wf/click?upn=UJjzIXJNvPp-2FSIzB-2Fydsuw3CkzuokuPPc3pFcw-2Bi7F1N9irIdb7MK1PIWjPhtieAZJ-2FwmEADZqbseXIgIqRPV0srWJUn4HDNWbHZAof9SME-3D_6sqAGxZu7fjHkoknumXnnXNc2XcCTbvIydYJGsrCRpHd5UWi2ch4RQ3cVIQEgEVpS0t5v4nqNOqKCViwfsFZs-2BCd7PjeXCNd4q3FwzuTT9eHsQCE-2Bx5rkLDWTtRPn98mirJrEMRwm6Qi***4hTaReOzo9IP65e-2F-2BkujFro4rUEJ019rjlWZtOus9zC-2BBmRbGm2mWyUSaEVX3dUFicmGOhbtRI40-2FDPCt-2BR9i8r1oBb8-3D

I just got off the Celebrity Solstice to Alaska. I received towel art on the first night, and TOLD THE ROOM STEWARD WE LOVED IT. After that I had towel art every night. Sometimes he'd grap our cruise critic beads and make jewelry with for the animal. Hilarious. Loved it.

I have a video you can see of the trip. there is towel art in the slideshow.

http://email.tripwow.com/wf/click?upn=UJjzIXJNvPp-2FSIzB-2Fydsuw3CkzuokuPPc3pFcw-2Bi7F1N9irIdb7MK1PIWjPhtieAZJ-2FwmEADZqbseXIgIqRPV0srWJUn4HDNWbHZAof9SME-3D_6sqAGxZu7fjHkoknumXnnXNc2XcCTbvIydYJGsrCRpHd5UWi2ch4RQ3cVIQEgEVpS0t5v4nqNOqKCViwfsFZs-2BCd7PjeXCNd4q3FwzuTT9eHsQCE-2Bx5rkLDWTtRPn98mirJrEMRwm6Qi***4hTaReOzo9IP65e-2F-2BkujFro4rUEJ019rjlWZtOus9zC-2BBmRbGm2mWyUSaEVX3dUFicmGOhbtRI40-2FDPCt-2BR9i8r1oBb8-3D

FYI, your link doesn't work.

On my first cruise on Equinox (11 nights) the steward for my room did 1, which was left for the duration of the voyage. My travelling companions in another cabin at far end of ship had none throughout the voyage. I was very pleased with it and complimented my steward, who told me he had taught himself from a book how to make them. It's very likely not all know how to do them, or even have the time to teach themselves. My next cruise on Equinox (10 nts) there were 2 made for my cabin, however my companions cabin got none and then on Solstice (12 nts) I got none. They are irrelevant things.

Personally I feel embarrassed that the stewards would think they have to do such things to pander to the guests, really it's demeaning for them, when they are already putting so much effort into cleaning up after people and answering room service calls from dawn to night. If your room is clean, then they've done their job.