Jobs to go at RCCL UK with company split

I think you have made your point very clear around how you feel about the subject of the thread. I am not so clear as to why you feel so strongly about having a go at people and your tone is becoming somewhat aggressive. Perhaps we should all calm down a bit?

Yes, I have made it very clear. And in return I am asking for a clear answer to a quite easy question. When people is proclaiming loudly about their opinion I guess they should either answer, or at least regret that they used so strong rhetoric.

It is a negative trend in many online forums and social media that people throw out their negative opinion about something, but on the other hand has no will to do any real action themselves. That is just too easy.

I am not the one using words as shame or disgusting. I am just asking for an answer from these persons using these words about this situation. Is that aggressive?

I made my point, and will keep silent from now on in this thread.

Here is the full announcement as shown - it's not just the UK...

Royal Caribbean to consolidate 11 of its global call centers into 3

Eleven of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.'s locally run service centers for passengers and travel agents around the world will be consolidated into three as part of a drive to improve efficiency following the company's rapid global expansion of recent years.

The move forms part of a restructuring of some aspects of Royal Caribbean's global operations over the next year.

The changes were signaled but not detailed during the second quarter earnings report in July when Royal Caribbean said it was working on 'opportunities to improve its global sales, marketing and general and administrative cost structure to further leverage economies of scale.'

In comments to analysts during the July 25 call, cfo Jason Liberty said these changes would address the 'overall footprint of the organization.'

Eleven of the company's call centers will be consolidated into three—in Guatemala, the Netherlands and Romania, all run by an outside partner, Xerox.

In addition, some other professional functions will be centralized or regionalized, the company has informed employees, adding that any transition will take place gradually. Jobs will be affected, but specific numbers are still to be decided.

The changes do not impact Royal Caribbean's North American call centers in Miramar, Fla.; Wichita, Kan., and Springfield, Ore.

China is not part of the transition to Xerox, either.

As earlier reported, the changes do impact the UK and Ireland contact center team based in Addlestone, Surrey. With the three brands of RCL Cruises Ltd. in the UK splitting into separate businesses, Royal Caribbean International and Azamara Club Cruises' customer calls will be handled by the new Xerox multilingual center in Guatemala.

Celebrity Cruises will have its own UK call center, expected to employ 50.

Been away from this board for a while and shocked at this plan. Even more about some of the comments from non uk customers. Wonder what comments would be if US call centre was moved? Am D+ and book most of cruises with UK office as well as some from local TA. The communication from RCI so much better. Lesley in Crown and Anchor has sorted out many minor problems. Will certainly express my disappointment with Adam Goldstein. Please stick to main subject of this post and thanks to Elizabeth Nessie for keeping us informed

Been away from this board for a while and shocked at this plan. Even more about some of the comments from non uk customers. Wonder what comments would be if US call centre was moved? Am D+ and book most of cruises with UK office as well as some from local TA. The communication from RCI so much better. Lesley in Crown and Anchor has sorted out many minor problems. Will certainly express my disappointment with Adam Goldstein. Please stick to main subject of this post and thanks to Elizabeth Nessie for keeping us informed

Best of luck with the email, sent mine last wk no reply :rolleyes: .

Agree with what you say about dealing with RCCL in the Uk and Lesley(who has now moved on:() they were the best at dealing with you and helping out.

I am sad to hear this news for those loosing their jobs and the impact to them and their families. We have made all our bookings (excepting two with a local TA). I have always found them to be very helpful, courteous and knowledgeable of the ships and itineraries.

Time will tell on how the new Call Centre works out and I will be using this as I progress with payment of 2014 cruise.

LOL oh hecky thump Linda you made me spill my coffee :D

I have never hidden the fact that I book with a US TA but that does not mean that I do not support the UK office and their staff.

I have got to know a lot of them in UK office over the last 10 years and they are well aware of where I book my Royal Caribbean cruises, and it does not make one jot of difference to them.

They still handle my enquiries with a smile and are very helpful ...why...because they know me...they take the time to talk with me...just like they do with their other UK Cruisers. They care !

Do you honestly think the people who take the calls in Guatemala will actually care about the guests.

I feel bad for the people loosing their jobs, perhaps if you used there services this would be a none issue, but booking in a US and then complaining when the UK office is closed is nonsense. Personally I choose companies which employs

In the US, if you feel so strongly do the same, actions Eakins louder then words.

I feel bad for the people loosing their jobs, perhaps if you used there services this would be a none issue, but booking in a US and then complaining when the UK office is closed is nonsense. Personally I choose companies which employs

In the US, if you feel so strongly do the same, actions Eakins louder then words.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to read all the posts and reports because then you would realise that the jobs are not being lost because of a low amount of bookings made here in UK but because there are so many bookings made here.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to read all the posts and reports because then you would realise that the jobs are not being lost because of a low amount of bookings made here in UK but because there are so many bookings made here.

You are just trying to divert the fact YOU do not book your cruises with the UK office YOU use a U.S. agent, which is your choice, but please, don't get all holier than thou.

You are the pot calling he kettle black.

You are just trying to divert the fact YOU do not book your cruises with the UK office YOU use a U.S. agent, which is your choice, but please, don't get all holier than thou.

You are the pot calling he kettle black.

I am pointing out the facts as stated in the reports.

p.s. Actually one of my cruises last year was booked in the UK...not that this has anything to do with the subject of this thread.

I don't read the story as saying there was a lot of bookings in the UK.

The release said "global expansion". There are departures all around the globe. Many offices were opened in those areas. Does RCCL need all the offices? Maybe not. Business growth is always followed by consolidation of duplicate services.

While it may be unfortunate some lose jobs, others do gain them. Just as many of the reps have never been on a cruise, few if any cruisers have ever been in a RCCL call center.

Quality of the service is what matters most. Location of the call center does not guarantee good or bad service.

Seems a good way of reducing the number of bookings. Way to go Royal.

Out of interest, why would Celebrity CS be staying in the UK?

I have used the UK centre to book my last 12 holidays, the reason they know my grade and cabin requirements.

The personal touch that we get used to and sometimes the extra perks.

They have been helpful when last minute problems have arisen, regarding flights etc.

cannot see how a Guatemala call centre can respond quickly.

There is another reason, as Diamond plus they RCCL give me my full discount and do not charge admin or creditcard fees.

This i have found can be a problem with some UK T'As.i have dealt with in the distant past.

Costa closed there UK centre and I lost all my goodwill that i had built up over the years with there staff. The poor english of there new call centre, did make me give up on a potential booking.(booked rccl).

One thing though do i really want to give all my personal details, passport, credit/debit card security codes, and when i am on holiday to a poorly paid Guatemalian.

But maybe i will try and book through a USA ta if they are as good as you say.

Hopefully that now we are all being lumped in to three call centre, the UK bookings will have the same booking rights as the USA

funny that they are closing the centre. as it is to busy, but making more UK executive places

G

I have used the UK centre to book my last 12 holidays, the reason they know my grade and cabin requirements.

The personal touch that we get used to and sometimes the extra perks.

They have been helpful when last minute problems have arisen, regarding flights etc.

cannot see how a Guatemala call centre can respond quickly.

There is another reason, as Diamond plus they RCCL give me my full discount and do not charge admin or creditcard fees.

This i have found can be a problem with some UK T'As.i have dealt with in the distant past.

Costa closed there UK centre and I lost all my goodwill that i had built up over the years with there staff. The poor english of there new call centre, did make me give up on a potential booking.(booked rccl).

One thing though do i really want to give all my personal details, passport, credit/debit card security codes, and when i am on holiday to a poorly paid Guatemalian.

But maybe i will try and book through a USA ta if they are as good as you say.

Hopefully that now we are all being lumped in to three call centre, the UK bookings will have the same booking rights as the USA

funny that they are closing the centre. as it is to busy, but making more UK executive places

G

Quite right.

And today I learnt that Crown and Anchor are going there too:mad:

Archived