• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

No 7 day cruises from Los Angeles in 2014???

mistyinca

We're about to head out for a 4 day on Sept. 16 to Catalina and Ensenada. I decided to take a look and see whats out there for next year. There are NO cruises departing from Los Angeles in the 6-9 day range. What happened to that run? I had previously been on the Splendor 3 times. I know they were gonna bring a new big ship in, but are we not getting one?

finally got some... can't use the blue box cruise search that comes up. That one is jacked. I had to go into Plan and Book > find cruises. That sux that there are none in the summer though...

Pretty much the whole fleet moves to Alaska for the Summer.

As for Princess, will they have a ship doing 7-nighters? I think they're entering the 3/4 night business (like the Inspiration).

There are no cruises over 4 days during the summer from Long Beach...Since Carnival sends the ship to Alaska. No Carnival ships in San Diego at all. Makes cruising from the West Coast not so fun anymore...A person can only go to Ensenada so many times! We started going to the Caribbean and just do a 4 day from Long Beach when we want a quick get away. The Imagination will be here soon, but will only do 3 & 4 days on a different schedule. Hopefully one of these days we will see more options for So. CA. We miss all the options there were a few years ago, when the Spirit was here! We could even get 5, 8 & 9 day sailings then:(

The same thing can be said for Caribbean cruises and Cozumel and Nassau. The grass is always greener ;)

I've been trying to book a west coast cruise myself and can't make anything work. I've contemplated doing a btb on the 4/3 nighties but It just doesn't seem worth the trouble after flying out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The Carnival website is the last place I look for cruises..they always seem to have some kind of glitch going on.

There are lots of different travel search engines one can check for cruises. You can either look for all cruises in a specific area, or choose a specific cruise line.

The same thing can be said for Caribbean cruises and Cozumel and Nassau. The grass is always greener ;)

Yup. I started looking at the west coast sailings, partly because I'm sick of the same Caribbean sailings over and over.

While its true that the west coast suffered for a few years with a reduced number of cruise lines (specially after Royal took away both of their ships), it seems like the options are once again increasing, with Princess, NCL, Celebrity and Holland (in addition to Carnival) all offering sailings from there.

Archived