Jewel GS 1534 or 1532 vs. JS 1100

mein18

We know the difference in amenities and that weighs heavily towards the GS but we looking for suggestions and recommendations when trying to choose between the 2 cabins.

JS110 is an awesome value with the larger balcony and corner aft location. We have sailed in that cabin on Jewel and Serenade. Wonderful, sought after cabin. If you can get it, grab it.

As far as GS, great cabins, CL access and other perks. A lot more room but a lot more money too. Your choice.

JS110 is an awesome value with the larger balcony and corner aft location. We have sailed in that cabin on Jewel and Serenade. Wonderful, sought after cabin. If you can get it, grab it.

As far as GS, great cabins, CL access and other perks. A lot more room but a lot more money too. Your choice.

Thank you for the input. We have been hooked on the GS on past cruises but not hearing too good of reviews of the GS available.

Have heard great about the JS 1100.

Is the room any larger than a normal JS?

Can anyone up in the Windjammer look down on the balcony? Just don't like the idea of someone looking over your shoulder.

I have read that you don't get any wind on an aft balcony. On a hot day that may not be too good.

Thank you for the input. We have been hooked on the GS on past cruises but not hearing too good of reviews of the GS available.

Have heard great about the JS 1100.

Is the room any larger than a normal JS?

Can anyone up in the Windjammer look down on the balcony? Just don't like the idea of someone looking over your shoulder.

I have read that you don't get any wind on an aft balcony. On a hot day that may not be too good.

If you are at the rail of the balcony, yes you can look up and see people and they can look down and see you. But if not at the rail you only have to worry about the people next door to the right of you who out on their balcony could look onto yours.

No balcony is completely private.

We are hump GS fans but wouldn't take the ones you have referred to - friends had 1532 and were moved due to noise.

If I had the choice of 1532/1534 or JS1100 - JS1100 would win hands down - the balcony is to die for (almost:eek:) but then we get the perks of the CL anyway and that would have to be a major consideration if a GS is the only way you can get them.

Cheers

Di

Cabin # 1100 is not only one of my favorites but many others as well..it almost has a fan club here on CC.

Without a doubt I would and have chosen this JS over the GS's on the Radiance class ships...

I actually don't care for the GS...hate the small closets wedged behind the useless (at least to me) bar area and the additional cost factor, also the perks of the CL are already something we can enjoy but might be a consideration for you.

Enjoy whatever cabin works out best for your needs.

Archived