Wish NCL would offer carafes of wine

kcwingwalker

I'm not a fussy wine drinker, so I would love it if you could buy a carafe of house wine. Beer drinkers have the option of buying by the bucket so it would be nice if wine drinkers could buy a carafe. I'm not a candidate for the Corks and Caps Wine and Beer Package because it must be purchased by everyone in your cabin. For us that would be $88.00 per day and we would not drink that much!

Wonder if others would be interested in buying wine by the carafe.

Not carafes, but how about half bottles? See pages 9 and 17 of the following link:

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/WineList_Fleetwide_071513.pdf

Thanks for the good info. Did not know that you could buy by the half bottle and that might be a good option. And, I can always bring my own wine along and pay the corkage fee.

Thanks for the good info. Did not know that you could buy by the half bottle and that might be a good option. And, I can always bring my own wine along and pay the corkage fee.

Half bottle is not going to solve the question/option. The want a carafe so they can drink more wine at less cost. Not less wine and often a higher per glass cost.

If they were to buy decent cheap wine, I would be open to the carafe idea. One bottle while sitting above the pool deck with french fries is not enough for us.

Half bottle is not going to solve the question/option. The want a carafe so they can drink more wine at less cost. Not less wine and often a higher per glass cost.

If they were to buy decent cheap wine, I would be open to the carafe idea. One bottle while sitting above the pool deck with french fries is not enough for us.

The OP seems satisfied by the answer...

OP, just in case you're not aware, if you do buy a bottle of wine and only drink a glass or two, they are more than happy to cork it and store it for you. They give you a ticket which you can present at any restaurant or bar and they'll go get your bottle.

The OP seems satisfied by the answer...

OP, just in case you're not aware, if you do buy a bottle of wine and only drink a glass or two, they are more than happy to cork it and store it for you. They give you a ticket which you can present at any restaurant or bar and they'll go get your bottle.

Not entirely satisfied by the answer, I would still enjoy the option of a carafe of house wine. Hey, the beer drinkers get a break! But I can and will go with the policy. Not a big deal!

Not entirely satisfied by the answer, I would still enjoy the option of a carafe of house wine. Hey, the beer drinkers get a break! But I can and will go with the policy. Not a big deal!

The house wine is atrocious...so you may be getting off lucky! :)

Archived