80's night on Breakaway

Mikeyz30

The 80s party was on Friday night on the Breakaway. Which is also sail away from Bermuda night and fireworks night. We saw lots of people dressed up for the night.

Were they "Dressed Up" or Dressed Up in 80's attire.......?

I've been to the 80s night. People just wore what they would normally wear at night. I didn't see any children there. It's usually later at night- maybe around 10.30 start time. I think the night I went it was in Bliss-disco theme- loud music. Not really suitable for kids. I think they get their own parties, dances etc. through the kids club!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

80's night on the Breakaway was a blast. Yes, you can dress up in 80's attire, the kids are there in the earlier part of the evening. If you take the "Michael Jackson Dance Class" you will learn the Thriller dance. Some of the kids learned the dance too. They do a flash mob dance during the party at spice. All the dancers (kids included) seemed to enjoy themselves. The crew dressed in full 80's attire. Passengers also participated in some sort of 80's dress code, either a Madonna bow and bracelets...also saw plenty of concert T-shirts...animal prints and spandex leggings...denim, leg warmers, off the shoulder sweatshirts and bandanas...some were more subtle than others, but dressing up is part of the fun!

Also, you should bring some glow in the dark attire for the Glow Party. We purchased simple day-glow yellow and orange T-shirts from Michael's Craft Stores for about $3 each. Also had some "blink-y" pins and jewelry to accessorize.

Have fun!!!! :)

Speaking of the glow party, here is a tip for those that like to "be seen" ... for some reason the yellow clothing really lit up and glowed in the special light more than any other color. I think white, orange and green were distant seconds. At least that is what I remember. Can anyone confirm this for future partiers? :)

Speaking of the glow party, here is a tip for those that like to "be seen" ... for some reason the yellow clothing really lit up and glowed in the special light more than any other color. I think white, orange and green were distant seconds. At least that is what I remember. Can anyone confirm this for future partiers? :)

A picture is worth 1000 words, so here is 2000!!

232323232%7Ffp54366%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3498344283347nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp73474%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3498344285347nu0mrj

Yes! They do stand out...and we bought fluorescent yellow shirts at Michael's Craft Store for about $2.50 a shirt!...Have fun on your cruise!

Is this something that will be on the Getaway also? Do you need to get tickets or is there special access for Spice?

Sent from my LGL55C using Forums mobile app

1. Probably yes. 2. No, it's free venue. Also pretty much all entertainment onboard (especially parties) is free, pretty much only exception being the Cirque-type dinner&show.

Archived