M-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

helpthejuggler

hip: Infinity

Revolution  - No 

Cabin: 8176;  Accessible Cabin 

Deck: 8

Class: C1

Area/Location:  AFT

Bed Location / View: Near Bathroom

Quiet?    NOISY - see below

Balcony/Porthole View: Aft

Balcony/Porthole Size: Huge

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Comments: 1.) aft storage closets almost directly across, all rear cabin stewards used this locker for towels, sheets, supplies, vacuums etc. constant noise, wheeled carts, dirty dishes carts. After evening cabin refresh/ makeups, vacuuming hallways;

2.) Strong sewer smell in bathroom upon embarkation, noted to steward whom came by and cleaned/ chemically treated all drains, smell was a constant, albeit at a lower level due to daily drains cleaning by the Steward.

3.) Cabin steward was very accommodating, polite and helpful.

• Thanks 1

Millennium 

CABIN #: 126

DECK #: 9 

CLASS: AQ

AREA: Mid to Aft 

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: Mostly 

BALCONY VIEW: Water. There's the over hang and struts. 

BALCONY SIZE: Normal 

WIND A PROBLEM?: Not really 

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No 

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

My husband said he heard noise in the early morning from above, probably the buffet. It wasn't enough to wake me. I heard the odd 'ship' noise through out the night. It was an easy walk up to the buffet which is always nice, and easy elevator ride to Blu. Our steward, Kharlo, was the best I've ever had. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2013 at 8:04 AM, helpthejuggler said:

SHIP: Constellation

CABIN #: 7004

DECK #: 7

CLASS:

AREA: Very Front

BED NEAR: Window

QUIET?: Yes, except for early morning noise (see below)

BALCONY VIEW: n/a

BALCONY SIZE: n/a

WIND A PROBLEM?: n/a

SOOT A PROBLEM?: n/a

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: 

This cabin had 2 upper Pullman bunks, which I believe is unusual (most only have 1), and my 2 teenagers slept in them just fine and were very comfortable.  Having 2 Pullmans (instead of having one of the beds come out of the chair/couch) opens up more space in cabin that feels a bit tight with 4 adult-sized people.  So, that's a big plus.

The location was very convenient and the seas were smooth, so it worked out from that perspective.  But, we were awoken several mornings at about 5:30 am by sounds of the ship we hadn’t heard in our other cabin locations.  One morning, it sounded like an anchor was being lowered (even though I don’t think that’s what it was) and a few other mornings I think it was an outside door just below the bridge that was also accompanied by a warning bell.  It wasn’t super major, but getting awoken early like that was annoying enough that I would avoid this cabin and the immediate location in the future even though the 2 Pullmans was a plus.

August 2019.

20190815_203123.jpg

Edited by CruiseDad-NYC
  • Thanks 1

SHIP: Infinity
REVOLUTION: No
CABIN: 9137
DECK: 9
CLASS: A2 Aqua
AREA: ???
BED NEAR: bathroom
QUIET?: Ok, we heard some running noise from above (Oceanview Cafe), probably because it was holidays season and plenty of kids aboard running around.
BALCONY VIEW: overhang
BALCONY SIZE: normal
WIND A PROBLEM? no
SOOT A PROBLEM?: no
COMMENTS: We chose this location with overhang to get some shade from August Mediterranean sun (Aug 10-17, 2019 sailing) and this cabin was nicely between the huge bulky overhang parts of Oceanview Cafe. Perfectly shady and still not too much obstruction of the views. We were also pleasantly surprised, that the bathroom shower had glass doors, not the clingy shower curtain as we were expecting!

Celebrity-Infinity-9137-cabin-aft-view.jpg

Celebrity-Infinity-9137-cabin-bathroom.jpg

Celebrity-Infinity-9137-cabin-direct-view.jpg

Celebrity-Infinity-9137-cabin-forward-view.jpg

Celebrity-Infinity-9137-cabin-forward-view-2.jpg

Celebrity-Infinity-9137-cabin-window-view.jpg

Celebrity-Infinity-deck-9-A2-cabin-numbers.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2019 at 9:43 AM, hvbaskey said:

Ship:                                     Summit

Revolution (2019 onwards)  Yes

Cabin:                                   7165

Deck: #                                  7

Class:                                    2A Balcony

Area/Location:                       Aft-Port

Bed Location / View:             Wall-facing

Quiet?                                   Yes

Balcony/Porthole View:         Excellent

Balcony/Porthole Size:          Standard

Wind a Problem?                   No

Soot a Problem?                    No

Comments:                            Located about 5 cabins from aft elevators, toward mid-ship, at a jog in the hallway, so it's easy to find.  

Across from housekeeping service area.  No noise from housekeeping, but they do store cleaning cart, laundry, etc. in 'jog' while servicing cabins, which did not cause us any problems.

Plenty of storage, but 'long' hanging area was not long enough for a long dress, 'short' area was not long enough for men's shirts.  My pop-up hamper crowded the closet.  

The big chair is too small for two people.  

The TV is on the wall at the foot of the bed.  It sticks out 3 - 4 inches from the wall and makes it impossible to walk past the bed without bending to get out of the TV's way.  

No sheer curtains.  Too bright at sunrise and sunset.  If you have to keep the black-out drapes closed for dock-side privacy or light control, you might as well book an inside room.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the ever popular S class thread it was asked...

"Is there a similar thread for the M Class ships?"

I could not think of a good reason why there would not be....so here it is.

Same format as S-Class...

CABIN #9164❤️:

DECK #:9

CLASS:AC

AREA:aft facing

BED NEAR:Center wall

QUIET?:not always

BALCONY VIEW:sublime

BALCONY SIZE:gagunda

WIND A PROBLEM?:nope

SOOT A PROBLEM?:nope

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Handicap Accessible - probably half again as big as neighboring cabins.

Plenty of room for a scooter, wheelchair and supplies needed next to the bed.

5’1” lady - had a wee bit of a launch into the bed.  I’ll be taking my foldable step on next Summit Sailing.

Storage - good

good size bed size tables

desk a bit short in depth

closet?  Too small for hanging 

Garments.  We took a hanging

Shoe organizer - helpful

lots of drawer space

hated/didn’t use glass front

Cabinets - who wants to look

At our things stuffed in there

Bathroom - wowza

ramp up into bathroom part of

The carpeted floor

big shower - GREAT fold down

Seat - use hand towel to not

Slide

can hold your daughter’s sweet 

16 party in there

Balcony?

Good thing there are plenty of 

Seats.  This will take your 

Breath away

private except under panels 

Between balconies but our

Neighbors were cool

Needs a tall table to sit around

And gab, write postcards, etc

NOISE from bar just upstairs can

Be annoying.  If you are a light

Sleeper, this cabin will be

Troublesome- chairs dragging

Permanent ramp in and out

This Cabin was especially bouncy when we had a bit of sea.  More so than the aft facing cabins on Royal Caribbean’s Radiance Class.  More

silly to stand but my horrible right knee was AWFUL the next day.

Oh yes, one more note about cabinetry. 

We brought a roll of 3M blue tape.  It’s tape for exterior marine use.  It can be used outside in the sun and still be easily removed a week or more later.  We brought it to tape up the Nautical Charts we always bring.

in our 12-18 hours of bouncy seas we needed this tape for the cabinet door which were banging like crazy.

We loved this cabin so much we booked it today for a Canada/New England trip. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

SHIP: Millennium 
REVOLUTION: Yes
CABIN: 7180
DECK: 7 
CLASS: 2a
AREA: starboard aft
QUIET?: No issue except for when 7178 occasionally let their door slam, loud and the whole adjoining wall would even move
BALCONY VIEW: good, partial overhang
BALCONY SIZE: larger than most
WIND A PROBLEM? no
COMMENTS: Loved th extra deep balcony as well as the proximity to the aft stairs, three flights up to the buffet, three flights down to Dining room meant we worked off at least a few of the calories those two venues were adding on!

• Thanks 1

Ship: Constellation (3-22 September 2019 Back-to-Back cruise)

Revolution (2019 onwards) - No

Cabin: 3142

Deck: 3

Class: , OV 

Area/Location: Aft ,Starboard, near the aft elevators and stairs.

Bed Location: Wall-facing forward

Quiet? Yes, for the most part.

Balcony/Porthole View: Good

Balcony/Porthole Size: Over-sized.

Wind a Problem? N/A

Soot a Problem? N/A

Comments: Great location being near the after elevators/stairs and getting down to the gangway. The hallways are quiet with the exception of people constantly slamming their doors. Why can't people close the door gently instead of letting it close by itself? The cabin is near the aft, so it had an engine hum. Not disturbing at all. Our cabin attendant, John was great!  He's from India and quite friendly and helpful.  Big issue with the a/c. The a/c worked but there was no air flow. There's a flat square panel in the ceiling covering the opening of the air vent. The air comes out horizontally, instead of downward, so we never felt any cool air. Twice the engineers came by but nothing was done to improve on the air flow. I finally got a fan from guest relations and used it to help circulate the air. I had to keep the drapes completely closed (so I ended up with an "inside" cabin), as the over-sized porthole brought in a lot of the heat from the day, along with the lack of good air flow. Sometimes after I showered and dressed, I would head to the women's bathroom near the conference room and put my make up on. While I liked the location, I probably wouldn't book this cabin, or any in the same area again. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

SHIP: Summit
REVOLUTION: Yes
CABIN: 8166
DECK: 8 
CLASS: FV
AREA: Starboard aft (corner FV)
BED NEAR: Bathroom (there are two rooms in this stateroom; the bed in the main room is next to the bathroom)
QUIET?:  Extremely quiet, although you can hear the singer(s) performing at the Sunset Bar when you are on the balcony (this was not a problem for us)
BALCONY VIEW: fantastic; sweeping aft-facing view, as well as starboard side view
BALCONY SIZE: huge; it's really a private deck
WIND A PROBLEM? No
SOOT A PROBLEM?: No
COMMENTS:  This is a fabulous stateroom for two people; I can't speak to what it would be like for more than that.  (It's usually held for booking by families of 4 or 5.)  I posted a thorough review of this stateroom, with photos, here:

• Like 1

Ship: Millenium 

Revolution Yes (June 2019)

Cabin: 6143 

Deck: 6

Class: C1

Area/Location:  Port almost AFT

Bed Location: Near Bathroom

Quiet?    Very Quiet

Balcony/View: Port almost Aft

Balcony Size: Good size (room for footrests, a larger table or loungers)

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Comments:  Beautiful, quiet cabin with a wonderful cabin attendant. We would choose this cabin again.

EBFB4100-5260-4604-BC51-65C91B16371D.jpeg

F95CC2AF-B6D8-4396-BED1-23DA8720F81A.jpeg

3433D6D2-F3D2-40EB-BAD0-10B70F61B48F.jpeg

109FB13F-86F0-423A-BE88-9EDEEC4938EF.jpeg

824A4A8F-4D54-4711-BFB4-30DDFE10B640.jpeg

Edited by scrapcreator
Add photo.
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Summit Sept 2019

CABIN #:9104

DECK #:9

CLASS:Aqua 

AREA:midship

BED NEAR:

QUIET?: intermittent loud clanging "metal on metal" type noise- episodic and could occur day or night

BALCONY VIEW: 

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:n

SOOT A PROBLEM?:n

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This was quite loud when it occurred, especially at night- we were able to be moved to a different cabin

Edited by cruisinsusin
additional info
  • Thanks 1

Ship : Constellation

Cabin #: 9056

Deck #: 9

Class: Aqua Class 2

Area: Midship

Quiet?: No

Balcony view: Very good

Balcony size: Yes

Wind a problem?: No

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/comments: Noise from underneath the spa area between 5am and 7 am. Guest relations offered to move us from this room as they were unable to investigate what or who was causing the noise! Despite contacting the people responsible for this area of the ship they apparently received no replies to their emails! 

I would seriously avoid this and other nearby cabins based on this recent experience. 

• Thanks 1

Ship:  Constellation

Cabin: 2134

Deck: 2

Class: eg., OV

Area/Location:  Midship

Bed Location / View: Wall-facing, away from Window

Quiet? No

Porthole View: Good

Porthole Size: Standard

Wind a Problem?  No

Soot a Problem? No

Problems / Comments: We were on a port intensive cruise.  The opening for the Pilot boat was just below our window, so we were awoken each morning with clanging and banging, with opening the door for the pilot.  It was typically 2-3 hours prior to docking, so quite early.  The gangway was also at this location, when we docked on this side.  We didn't find it a huge problem, and enjoyed watching the pilot leave in the evening (front row seats!)  It was nice to come back to the ship and only have to go up 1 flight to our room.  It was convenient to the dining room, Martini Bar and Cellar Master bar.  There was lots of storage in this room, but some of it was tucked away in odd places.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sailing Date:  10/26/2019

Ship: Summit

Revolution Yes

Cabin: 3121 

Deck: 3

Class: OV

Area/Location:  Mid

Quiet?   Yes

Balcony/View: Large Porthole - Port

Balcony Size: N/A

Wind a Problem? No

Soot a Problem? No

Comments:  This Port OV is smaller/less deep than the similar cabins on the starboard side.  Even before the beds were separated, the chair could not fit flat against the wall.  We wound up turning it to face the large window.  Since the cabin was not as deep, there was hardly any clearance between the edge of the bed and the desk.  The bathroom also seemed really small - much smaller than S class.  The location of these "new" OVs is great - right next to guest relations and the midship elevator.  I would not choose one of these port side OVs again -- I would go with the starboard side ones beginning with 3112.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Summit

Deck 9

Aqua

standard cabin

bed near bath

not quiet

long white "pipe" outside that needs paint

balcony size standard

wind no

soot no

Very convenient to elevator/stairs.  Middle of the ship so easy to get around.  Sounded at times like joggers above, could hear chairs being moved, could hear the "beat" when the DJ was working. 

• Thanks 1

CABIN #: 8090

DECK #: 8

CLASS: Concierge C2

AREA: midship

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: forward and out was good, a couple of decks down were the lifeboats, but you could still see the sea and toward the aft had a bump out a few cabins down, but not enough to totally obscure the vista

BALCONY SIZE: average size

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: It was a nice, quiet cabin in a good location, very close to the central elevators.  The only "issue" was that the balcony doors were very hard to open.  It's due to the railing being dented at the bottom so no clue how to get it fixed.  Other than that we loved it!

• Thanks 1

CABIN #: 1138

DECK #:  11

CLASS:  Aqua 1

AREA:  Aft

BED NEAR:  Bathroom

QUIET?:  No

BALCONY VIEW:  Looked over the Sunset Bar and the wake of the ship

BALCONY SIZE:  Extra Deep

WIND A PROBLEM?:  No

SOOT A PROBLEM?:  At times but not too bad

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:  I loved the cabin and location but there wasn't much privacy due to the canopy being removed over the Sunset Bar on the Summit.  We could also hear movies and football games being played on Deck 12.  At times the noise filtered into the cabin even with the veranda door closed.  After spending two weeks in it, I was ready to move down to an aft C1 cabin which was much quieter.  Because of the noise I wouldn't book this cabin again.

Edited by MartinsCruise
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sailing Date:  12/30/2019

Ship: Infinity

Revolution No

Cabin: 2169

Deck: 2

Class: 12 (Inside)

Area/Location:  Mid/Back

Quiet?   Yes

Balcony/View: N/A

Balcony Size: N/A

Wind a Problem? N/A

Soot a Problem? N/A

Comments: Well, this was a TINY room! Had to turn sideways to get around the bed. No couch, just an office-type chair. Bathroom was functional. Storage was fine.

• Thanks 1

Ship:  Summit, December 2019

Revolution (2019 onwards) - Yes 

Cabin: 6142

Deck: # 6

Class: Royal Suite

Area/Location:  Aft- Starboard

Bed Location / View: Perfect from every location in/outside this suite

Quiet? Yes

Balcony/Porthole View: Excellent

Balcony/Porthole Size: Oversized - no table/chairs...lots of silly small wooden(logs) 

Wind a Problem? No 

Soot a Problem?  No

Comments: 

Fabulous Suite!     A few negatives:

No electrical outlets or USB ports  bedside or next to sofa in LR

Hot Tub on balcony was awful!!  Water barely dripped in.  Took 30+ minutes to fill, so plan  ahead

No drawers at all for clothing. 1 small one on each nightstand in BR & 1 on each desk

Silly decorations throughout!!  Including overhead wall unit in LR that looks like cubicles that should open, but they don’t.

Important if traveling with a 3rd guest:  the only storage for clothing in LR are tiny cubicles under the TV wall that are impossible to access when standing or bending over by average size adults. 

Edited by oh2cruise
grammar
  • Thanks 1