Kennedy Space Center Tour

jures

Will be on breakaway on nov 17 and 1st port is Kennedy space center. the NCL excursions that go to the space center are 7 hours long, that is too long for me. my question is are there tour operators at the port that can get you into the center, give you the highlights and see what you need to see. this is definately more appealing to me.

thank you for your help.

roger

We will be there in October and decided to rent a car for the day. $33 and we can come and go as we please. Go online and you can buy discounted KSC tickets for $39/person which is cheaper than buying from NCL. Also dont know how the excursion is 7 hours when we dock at 12 and KSC closes at 5. What do you do for the other 2 hours?

Will be on breakaway on nov 17 and 1st port is Kennedy space center. the NCL excursions that go to the space center are 7 hours long, that is too long for me. my question is are there tour operators at the port that can get you into the center, give you the highlights and see what you need to see. this is definately more appealing to me.

thank you for your help.

roger

vip limo is who we used $59 round trip in a minivan basically just a nice cab ride and that is all you need then you buy your own tix and see the space center and maybe the imax and whatever else you like You arrange with Vip Limo (Mike the owner) what time you want to be picked up going and returning. all worked out very well and mike was more than prompt. this was in 2011 but if mike is not available all you really need to do is google port Canaveral taxis and you will be good to go we saw the cruise groups and were very happy we did not do that

We will be there in October and decided to rent a car for the day. $33 and we can come and go as we please. Go online and you can buy discounted KSC tickets for $39/person which is cheaper than buying from NCL. Also dont know how the excursion is 7 hours when we dock at 12 and KSC closes at 5. What do you do for the other 2 hours?

We did this excursion in May, although we did not use the cruise line's transportation back to the ship (were picked up by friends -- was a last minute thing or we would have had them drive us there too). The time included getting organized into groups and driving both directions, and they did have a special screening of one of the IMAX movies just for cruise line passengers which may have lasted beyond their normal hours -- not 100% sure as we left with our friends and didn't watch it.

We are cruising Breakaway in November also. Our plan is to rent a car and drive over to KSC ourselves. We can then drive to the beach for a bit. My only concern is that if there are weather issues, we will be stuck with a car rental and pre-paid advance tickets to KSC. If you go via the shore excursion, that would not be an issue. Enjoy!

Archived