Great Cruise on Ecstasy but...

caseymorgan

…you can’t get there from here.

Let me back up a bit. We just got off the Ecstasy and had a great trip. Good food, nice employees, no complaints. Getting on and off the ship was very easy (we didn’t need First to the Fun). The passengers were not rude, and no one dressed too trashy or complained about anything. Nassau was fine, and Half Moon Cay is even prettier then I remembered. Carnival has retrofitted this ship with a few balconies (which we opted for) and otherwise updated it as best as they can with flat screens, etc. At all the ports, including anchored at HMC, the ship lists pretty drastically to the left. Odd.

Here’s the real issue. The Fantasy class ships have numerous dead ends. You really have to plan your route and walk to the correct elevator/stairs. You’ll have fun and they are great for 3-4 day cruises. But it might be time to begin phasing out fantasy class.

NO NO NO!!!! I LOVE the fantasy class ships!!

I am looking to book two balcony cabins side by side on the Ecstasy - do the dividers open? If so how do I figure out which ones can or can't be opened??? (I know we have to 'both' go to purser's desk to ask to have this done upon boarding!)

Thanks!

Not sure how to find out about the rest..I know for sure the aft U241 & U243 open . We just had our room steward open it. Our PVP told us that they could be opened, she was right.

As for the dead ends, our only problem was remembering that you must go around the galley, can't get through on that floor

I have never been on a cruise ship that I didn't love. I would rather be wondering around on a cruise ship, running into dead ends, anyday over being at work... Lord knows the extra walking didn't hurt me...

I agree with you on this.

Our favorite is Spirit class - so easy to navigate.

We've never been on a Fantasy Class ship. Conquest Class also has the galley in the center, but after the first day, we're used to it. Of course, that's because we've been on 3 Conquest Class ships and know what we're up against.

Wish they would build more Spirit Class ships, but I know that's wishful thinking. They keep sending them to Australia.

I found all the comments funny about Triumph. Add some Dramamine to the first sea day (first time to really get to know the ship) and missing the main buffet and trying to find lunch after 2:30pm (so only one single grill line is open) and you have the makings of a very disorienting, back and forth and up and down two hours plus a WHOLE lotta ribbing and ridicule from friends! :) "How can you not find the food on a cruise ship?!"

That dramamine is tough stuff. I don't think I knew which direction was up or down. My friends may make fun of me forever...

(After Conquest and then Dream this year, I finally learned to go down to deck 2, go across and then come up one or two stair levels.) I still struggled to go through the buffet and around it to get to the aft grill deck of the ship! I never remember that problem on RCI and on DCL, you can go end to end on each deck as far as I could tell.

That Triumph was a funny one.

Archived