Insurance any thoughts?

colleenod

Do you all use Carnivals insurance? We are booked for October out of baltimore Maryland and have purchased the cruise lines insurance... Do you think it is sufficient? Does anyone not use the cruise lines insurance and use an outside source? Just feeling a bit uneasy as this is our first cruise!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I always end up with Travelguard Gold. I go to insure my trip dot com (all one word) and compare but that's what I've always ended up with. The main reason I get it is not for lost luggage and cruise fare, plane fare (all good reasons),

but MOSTLY I get it for the emergency medical treatment when out of the country (my ins doesn't cover me out) and ESPECIALLY for helicopter evacuation.

No, I never plan to use it but NO ONE EVER DOES.

:cool:

Check out the coverage for medical care and medical evacuation. For my next cruise the cruise line was offering $20,000 coverage for accident or other medical needs. If you are lucky, that would cover one day in a hospital with basic treatment (not surgery). Could you afford to pay for any costs above what the cruise line insurance covers?

Check out the coverage for medical care and medical evacuation. For my next cruise the cruise line was offering $20,000 coverage for accident or other medical needs. If you are lucky, that would cover one day in a hospital with basic treatment (not surgery). Could you afford to pay for any costs above what the cruise line insurance covers?

Wow that's terrible! Our insurance for our next cruise has $500,000 for medical evacuation. It was $155, compared to $436 for carnivals insurance.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Guest maddycat

We never buy any cruise line's insurance. We buy our travel insurance through the Trip Insurance Store. The website is very easy to understand. We use it to compare policies. If we have any questions we call and speak to one of their very knowledgeable agents. Lately we have been buying Travel Safe Insurance. It's primary coverage. We buy soon after booking our cruise so that pre-existing medical conditions are covered.

***Trip Insurance Store***

We never buy any cruise line's insurance. We buy our travel insurance through the Trip Insurance Store. The website is very easy to understand. We use it to compare policies. If we have any questions we call and speak to one of their very knowledgeable agents. Lately we have been buying Travel Safe Insurance. It's primary coverage. We buy soon after booking our cruise so that pre-existing medical conditions are covered.

***Trip Insurance Store***

We also use Trip Insurance Store to purchase our insurance which is also Travel Safe.

Archived