Huge Thanks to Celebrity's Lost and Found

Mandeeuk1

We sailed on the Reflection in June and disembarked in Rome on June 26th. My lovely hubby inadvertently left his iPad in the cabin which he frantically discovered when we got to the airport. We reported it that day, but gave up when it hadn't been located in the following weeks.

Surprise! Yesterday, they contacted us to say it had been found and today we got a tracking number for it. So impressed by the integrity of the cabin crew and the diligence of lost and found. Thanks, Celebrity!:)

So nice to hear some good reports for a change. I know I left my camera on a chair in the buffet one night late and was devastated when I went back and couldn't find it. I reported it missing and the next morning I got a call that one of the crew found it and returned it to me. I put a return address inside the case as soon as I got home. I tried to give her a tip for finding it, but she wouldn't take it. I did add her name to my comment card.

I always put my info on my cameras and digital toys, heck I even put a tiny lable on all of my secure digital cards.

Sadly the only thing I ever left on a cruise ship was a Tilley hat which had all my info in it. Left it on a sunbed at the indoor pool.

Never saw it again That was on the Mariner of the Seas.

We sailed on the Reflection in June and disembarked in Rome on June 26th. My lovely hubby inadvertently left his iPad in the cabin which he frantically discovered when we got to the airport. We reported it that day, but gave up when it hadn't been located in the following weeks.

Surprise! Yesterday, they contacted us to say it had been found and today we got a tracking number for it. So impressed by the integrity of the cabin crew and the diligence of lost and found. Thanks, Celebrity!:)

Hi Madeeuk1,

So glad that it worked out for you. Thanks for sharing with us.

Nice!

I left my Kindle Paperwhite under a pool chair when we left at 5pm. At 10pm I recognized it, called GR and they already "found" it. I was so happy... I know the kindle aint too expensive but I was reading a book and didnt have anything else to read for another week on the cruise. And yes I do read much, at least every night and at pool or sun deck.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I reported it missing and the next morning I got a call that one of the crew found it and returned it to me. I put a return address inside the case as soon as I got home.

I always put my info on my cameras and digital toys, heck I even put a tiny lable on all of my secure digital cards.

I've used the suggestion of another CCer and, with any device that takes pictures, the first photo on each sd card is of a piece of paper with my name, address, email, (cabin# when cruising) and phone number. Also on a cruise, the second photo is of me holding the piece of paper in case the finder spots me on board.;)

Happily, we haven't had to rely on any of that yet.:D

My son left his wallet in the bedside table drawer a few years ago. I called the ship from the taxi on the way to the airport, not more than one hour after disembarking and told security exactly where the wallet was. Surprise, surprise, they didn't find it. I threatened to return to the ship with the police. Nada.

I've used the suggestion of another CCer and, with any device that takes pictures, the first photo on each sd card is of a piece of paper with my name, address, email, (cabin# when cruising) and phone number. Also on a cruise, the second photo is of me holding the piece of paper in case the finder spots me on board.;)

Happily, we haven't had to rely on any of that yet.:D

That is a GREAT idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

Jill

Archived