E-Mail Upsell...No Savings

Canadian_J

Received an e-mail from Carnival yesterday morning offering me an upgrade from my Panorama deck balcony (8E) to an Ocean Suite. E-mail instructed me to click the link and book if interested or to call in for more information. Well I ran the numbers and the price they offered me for upgrade ($230pp) is the exact cost if I were to simply call Carnival and request an upgrade. Meaning the "special" offer the e-mail was promoting was no special offer at all.

Has anyone else received an e-mail like this only to find they aren't actually getting a deal? I know I'm a little peeved and feel like Carnival was trying to deceive me and make me think I was getting a deal. I'm glad I checked the prices before I got too excited.

I'm very happy with a balcony on the Panorama deck and will be platinum on this sailing, so it really isn't worth the price for just some extra space, considering we're already paying a premium for our deck. Oh and we're on a B2B and the upgrade was $262pp for the 2 night cruise...yeah no thanks, I can put that to much better use at the Alchemy Bar ;)

My upsell e-mail did not seem much of a deal either. I had an ocean view on Main deck and they wanted $30 to move up to an ocean view on Empress deck. I also checked the price as if I booked that same room today I would have paid $110.00 more dollars so I took it.

I got the email yesterday too and took them up on the offer, moved from a 7A obstructed view balcony on deck 5 to an 8E regular balcony on deck 7 for $40 for the 2 of us. And we booked the 7A so long ago we got quite a deal at the time, $700 less than they're going for right now, so I think we did good.

We received the upsell email also. It was the exact same price as if I were going to upgrade myself. Not much of a deal for me either. Still waiting on the upsell fairy to call and offer me a deal I can't refuse!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I got the email yesterday too and took them up on the offer, moved from a 7A obstructed view balcony on deck 5 to an 8E regular balcony on deck 7 for $40 for the 2 of us. And we booked the 7A so long ago we got quite a deal at the time, $700 less than they're going for right now, so I think we did good.

Nice to here that somebody on the West Coast gets these offers. Always feel a bit left out of the price drops etc.

I have never received an upsell email, but did receive an upsell phone call once. They were trying to upsell us from a balcony on the Lido to a grand suite. I happened to be on the computer when they called. The price offered was $15 more than what I could have upgraded to right then. When I told him that he said he would throw in a bottle of their champagne (read cheap champagne). Needless to say we turned that offer down flat.

Sharon

Archived