Erroneous Mini Bar Charge

pnutzlaw

Be sure to check your credit card statements. The final charge for our 8/22 cruise on the Explorer was $19.55 more than our final statement. When I called, we were advised that is was for the mini bar. Because we have 2 small children, we immediately moved all of the items in the fridge to the cabinet above the safe and personally told the mini bar guy what we were doing. On debarkation day, we were still in the cabin when the bar attendant came to check and we personally showed him all of the items back in the fridge. He said "no problem" and was on his way. RCI customer service agreed to refund the charge without any issue.

Be sure to check your credit card statements. The final charge for our 8/22 cruise on the Explorer was $19.55 more than our final statement. When I called, we were advised that is was for the mini bar. Because we have 2 small children, we immediately moved all of the items in the fridge to the cabinet above the same and personally told the mini bar guy what we were doing. On debarkation day, we were still in the cabin when the bar attendant came to check and we personally showed him all of the items back in the fridge. He said "no problem" and was on his way. RCI customer service agreed to refund the charge without any issue.

From reading previous posts, this appears to be pretty common. Fortunately RCI seems to realize the problem as I haven't read anyone having difficulty getting a credit. The sad part is that I'm sure many do not check or some of the charges resulting are very small so some not worth the time to sit on the phone.

Glad you got resolution. We try to have the steward remove. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Probably best to do yourself as you did.

Archived