Frenchman Orleans at 519

rmorgan2282

Hi everyone!

So I have a few questions about transportation. I have had a pretty hard time finding inexpensive hotels in late January, but I found one that seemed to be a good price.

We are booked at the Frenchman Orleans at 519 (169 a night) and I wanted to know... Is there a shuttle that runs to that hotel from the airport and to the boat? Is it better to take a cab? Is there transportation from the boat back to the airport?

How close is it to Bourbon st.? Do we need transportation to get there?

There will be 4 of us. (All adults!)

I appreciate all the feedback I can get! Thank you in advance!

No shuttles either way, so you will have to cab it.

Hotel is about eight blocks from the heart of Bourbon Street, an easy walk. Stay on Decatur Street at night. It has lots of traffic, even late at night.

Frenchmen Street has some great bars/music clubs, much better than Bourbon Street.

Location is extremely important in a hotel choice. IF you are going to want to spend your time on Bourbon every night, it is going to involve time consuming walks. In January this end of Decatur is quiet, I agree, stay on this street, if walking. Jan isn't "warm" either so be prepared with proper attire. IF you don't want to spend your time on Frenchman- which is a different scene, then don't book there just based on price. I do enjoy the area, going frequently to the Spotted Cat and Snug Harbor. Figure out if this area is going to be a good match for you, if not, then go somewhere else.

Archived