Jump to content
  • Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Travel Guard is not covering my Egyptian Cruise


Recommended Posts

My claim was denied because there are/ have not been any terrorist attacks in Cairo. That is all the will cover for, not civil war, unrest, riots, etc.

Nor will they refund my premium , which is very costly, but I am working on that.

Viking refunded everything.

But between the airfare and premium that is $2200.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is unclear what you filed a claim for, but yes, if your claim is not for a covered reason, it will correctly be denied, and you are not due any refund in premium.


TG usually allows you to transfer a policy to a different trip, you may want to try that. Even most nonrefundable airline tickets may be cancelled, and you can use the remaining balance, after you pay the change fee, for another flight. You'd have to read the terms and conditions associated with your ticket, or call the airline to find out what your tickets are eligible for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was initially told by TG that they were looking at the situation on a case by case basis. It was not an outright no. They told me to file a claim.


I finally got in touch with some bright helpful people and they will steer me through getting credit for another trip provided it is booked by. Oct 21.


My main point is that we buy insurance to cover us in unforseen circumstances, be it a fall, injury or missed connection. How many times have we seen people complain about something and they havent bought insurance.


Here, I have bought a very expensive policy, because it is Egypt.

The specific reason I was denied is that there have been no acts of terrorism in Cairo.


Egypt air may come through for me. I will keep you posted. Thank goodness Viking was terrific to deal with. They immediately refunded everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank goodness Viking was terrific to deal with. They immediately refunded everything.


Good to hear that... Viking has taken a number of hits lately in relation to their customer service. Thanks for posting something positive.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Viking is not the problem. It's the insurance.

They got there money back from Viking.


We had to cancel our Nov. tour last month because of a family health problem. We got 65% of our money back from Viking and the other 35% we are fighting the insurance company for since is was under 90 days.


Happy with Viking but not about insurance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Sea the World a Little Differently ~Sponsored by My Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations


  • Create New...