Disney Magic 2.0 begins

Host Mick

The much anticipated major upgrade of the Disney Magic has begun.

With lots of construction pictures!

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/09/disney-magic-dry-dock-update-the-transformation-begins/

Here's some renderings of what she's going to look like in a couple of weeks.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/04/disney-cruise-line-announces-major-overhaul-for-the-disney-magic-and-wonder/

"Another new area, Mickey Mouse Club, will be dedicated to the Mouse who started it all, and provide children with a place to create unique crafts and color."

Any chance this is an open area where parents and kids can go or is it part of the club/lab (drop off your kid)?

We were on the Magic last December, I'm glad the club had open house hours, but the ship really needs an open play area for the parents who actually want to spend time with their kids.

I'm sad to see no more double stair cases and the change to Parrot Cay, I remember those two area's well. And loved the double stair case look.

"Another new area, Mickey Mouse Club, will be dedicated to the Mouse who started it all, and provide children with a place to create unique crafts and color."

Any chance this is an open area where parents and kids can go or is it part of the club/lab (drop off your kid)?

We were on the Magic last December, I'm glad the club had open house hours, but the ship really needs an open play area for the parents who actually want to spend time with their kids.

I'm sad to see no more double stair cases and the change to Parrot Cay, I remember those two area's well. And loved the double stair case look.

While a separate area would be nice, I feel like they have really done a good job with the open houses. On my last few cruises the open houses were usually 4 hour chunks of time where either the club or lab was open just for open-house guests. There was rarely a time that one of those places wasn't open - house through-out the day. I do remember that this seemed to stop during / after dinner hours though.

While a separate area would be nice, I feel like they have really done a good job with the open houses. On my last few cruises the open houses were usually 4 hour chunks of time where either the club or lab was open just for open-house guests. There was rarely a time that one of those places wasn't open - house through-out the day. I do remember that this seemed to stop during / after dinner hours though.

We had ok hours, but only because autism on the sea kids where there, at least that's what we were told.

But we still only had open house hours a few times, mostly during after dinner. Which for an under 3 is late. DD tended to take a second nap before dinner, so I let her stay up a bit later (she does NOT sleep in when she stay up, she's up early, I really have to work to balance her sleep). And 4 hours is a LONG time for an under 3.

An anytime open play area would be perfect. We really don't understand why they don't have an open play area. They have many bars/clubs areas that aren't in use.

Course, we were only 1 of 2 parents actually playing with our kids, all others were dropped off, so maybe it wouldn't be used much.

We had ok hours, but only because autism on the sea kids where there, at least that's what we were told.

But we still only had open house hours a few times, mostly during after dinner. Which for an under 3 is late. DD tended to take a second nap before dinner, so I let her stay up a bit later (she does NOT sleep in when she stay up, she's up early, I really have to work to balance her sleep). And 4 hours is a LONG time for an under 3.

An anytime open play area would be perfect. We really don't understand why they don't have an open play area. They have many bars/clubs areas that aren't in use.

Course, we were only 1 of 2 parents actually playing with our kids, all others were dropped off, so maybe it wouldn't be used much.

I would have loved this also. We never left our kids in the clubs. When my oldest was young enough for the clubs, they didn't have all of the open house hours, so he never got to spend time in there. We cruise to spend time together, not to get away from our kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i would have loved this also. We never left our kids in the clubs. When my oldest was young enough for the clubs, they didn't have all of the open house hours, so he never got to spend time in there. we cruise to spend time together, not to get away from our kids.

sent from my ipad using tapatalk hd

yep.

• 2 weeks later...
And here's an update on the Disney Magic dry dock week 3.

The first thing that you see is the bare hull, and I mean BARE.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/09/disney-magic-dry-dock-update-the-transformation-continues-into-week-3/#more-10104

She actually has a few coats of primer now :) I have been stalking certain people's twitter feed for updates - let me snag a picture ...

Here you go - some updated photos ... and a note on the new connecting rooms and Palo increase

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/10/disney-magic-dry-dock-update-transformation-continues-week-4/

You beat me to it!

There's no photos yet of the duck tail. I wonder if they've begun work on it.

This is therefore where they have got them from!

Yep, I know. ;) Scott is very good about giving credit to the original source. He does an excellent job of grouping the pictures so the we know exactly what we are looking at, making it easier for many of us to visualize the transformation. :)

Archived