Lunch in a CAVE??

estoyer

Coba ruins are interesting, an excavation in progress in many parts. You can get peddled around in a pedi-cab (the guy we had peddling also was a pretty good tour guide), not too expensive, or rent a bike to use on the sacbes. It's a large site to walk. There's one pyramid to climb, with a rope to help.

We had a nice lunch in one of the restaurants that border the parking lot. Don't know about lunch "in a cave". But there are several cenotes nearby to visit that include caves.

You can also go across the street and look at the alligators in the lake.

Coba ruins are interesting, an excavation in progress in many parts. You can get peddled around in a pedi-cab (the guy we had peddling also was a pretty good tour guide), not too expensive, or rent a bike to use on the sacbes. It's a large site to walk. There's one pyramid to climb, with a rope to help.

We had a nice lunch in one of the restaurants that border the parking lot. Don't know about lunch "in a cave". But there are several cenotes nearby to visit that include caves.

You can also go across the street and look at the alligators in the lake.

Thank You! I was reading on the cruise lines website the coast for the ride is $10 per person..

Taking a trip to Coba Ruins and have lunch in a Cave afterwords.. Has anyone done this and if so how was it?? Thanks in advance for your reply..

Do you know the location of the restaurant? There is an underground restaurant in Playa del Carmen called Alux. It's a fascinating venue with a different atmosphere. There are large rooms and many smaller rooms located off winding paths in the cave.

We ate there about a year ago. There are many people of the opinion that it's a good place to go for drinks, but the food is just ok, and a bit over-priced.

An interesting place to see if you have the opportunity.

Mike

Do you know the location of the restaurant? There is an underground restaurant in Playa del Carmen called Alux. It's a fascinating venue with a different atmosphere. There are large rooms and many smaller rooms located off winding paths in the cave.

We ate there about a year ago. There are many people of the opinion that it's a good place to go for drinks, but the food is just ok, and a bit over-priced.

Mike

I believe that's it. We watched a few utube vids on this place. It's included in the price of our tour... Thank you for the information..

• 8 months later...

I'm not sure if a tour will take you to Alux Restaurant. From my extensive experience with the tours in the Riviera Maya, they will have their own little lunch set up in a cenote, usually freshly made local foods, buffet style. There are a lot of cenotes between PDC and Coba, so I'm guessing this is what they will do, but I don't know that for sure.

Coba is super cool. My favorite of the ruins tours.

• 9 months later...

Mike

We'll be stopping at Alux for drinks while staying in PDC next week, have also been told the cuisine is just ok. But worth a stop if time allows.

• 1 month later...
We'll be stopping at Alux for drinks while staying in PDC next week, have also been told the cuisine is just ok. But worth a stop if time allows.

How did you like it? We're thinking about PDC in the Fall, but we're not likely to visit Alux since there are so many other options.

Mike