• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Question Promenade Decks on Royal and Regal

kruisey

Looking at deck plans it appears to me that one can walk threequarters of that deck outside.Seems that when one comes FORE(Front) one has to cross inside to get to other side otherwise the rest of the walk is outside?

Is this correct?......

Looking at deck plans it appears to me that one can walk threequarters of that deck outside. Seems that when one comes FORE(Front) one has to cross inside to get to other side otherwise the rest of the walk is outside?

Is this correct?......

No, this is not correct. Look at the deck plan in the cruise atlas and you will see that the Promenade Deck is "greyed out" except for the four quadrants that the public can access, which are shown in full wood-toned color. The colored portion of the deck plan is the only portion of the deck that you can access, and you cannot walk from one area to the other, fore to aft or vice versa. You can only get from one quadrant to the others by going back inside and traversing the ship.

To say I am not disappointed would be a lie.

Anyway I am certain there will be other new areas I can explore.Especially I will have a balcony for the first time +a love seat to lounge on in if the weather is a tad inclement and gaze at the ocean:)

No, this is not correct. Look at the deck plan in the cruise atlas and you will see that the Promenade Deck is "greyed out" except for the four quadrants that the public can access, which are shown in full wood-toned color. The colored portion of the deck plan is the only portion of the deck that you can access, and you cannot walk from one area to the other, fore to aft or vice versa. You can only get from one quadrant to the others by going back inside and traversing the ship.

Thanks for your clear and thorough answer on this topic.

Thanks also, Kruisey, for asking the question.

Archived