Irked by "Texas Resident" sale e-mail

YadaYadaJodi

Been pricing a couple of cruises out of Galveston on the Carnival Magic:

10/27/2013 and 1/26/2014

Today I got an e-mail notifying me of a "Texas Resident" sale. Must be for some other dates because if I were to book thru the link I would actually pay MORE for the 10/27/2013 cruise!! How is this possible?!!!

Prices thru e-mail link:

Inside Oceanview Balcony

10/27/13 $449 $549 $699

1/26/14 $449 $559 $679

Prices if I just "Plan A Cruise" on website:

Inside Oceanview Balcony

10/27/13 $399 $519 $699

1/26/14 $449 $559 $679

Only price break I saw (using 55+, VIFP, Texas) was $10 off for INSIDE for 1/26/14 cruise only though it was for being a Texas resident.

BUT!!!! As you can see there were INCREASED prices for Inside & Oceanview cabins on the 10/27/13 cruise for using the link in my e-mail from Carnival!!

Lesson learned - don't assume!! Check prices multiple ways! Don't assume you are getting the lowest price when clicking on a link from a Carnival e-mail!

I just wish they'd send me emails. For some reason they send them all to my husband who deletes them. I've tried changing stuff on my online profile with them and still no luck. I'm the one who always watches for deals and does all the booking and making payments and planning.

10/27/2013 and 1/26/2014

Today I got an e-mail notifying me of a "Texas Resident" sale. Must be for some other dates because if I were to book thru the link I would actually pay MORE for the 10/27/2013 cruise!! How is this possible?!!!

Prices thru e-mail link:

Inside Oceanview Balcony

10/27/13 $449 $549 $699

1/26/14 $449 $559 $679

Inside Oceanview Balcony

10/27/13 $399 $519 $699

1/26/14 $449 $559 $679

Only price break I saw (using 55+, VIFP, Texas) was $10 off for INSIDE for 1/26/14 cruise only though it was for being a Texas resident.

BUT!!!! As you can see there were INCREASED prices for Inside & Oceanview cabins on the 10/27/13 cruise for using the link in my e-mail from Carnival!!

Lesson learned - don't assume!! Check prices multiple ways! Don't assume you are getting the lowest price when clicking on a link from a Carnival e-mail!

If you enter your VIFP number after you go to the website, you will see the lowest price that you qualify for. That is true whether you click a link in an email, or just go right to the website on your own.

If you enter your VIFP number after you go to the website, you will see the lowest price that you qualify for. That is true whether you click a link in an email, or just go right to the website on your own.

I find this to be not true. For my upcoming Conquest cruise, the resident rate in MUCH lower than the past guest (I also tried entering it w/o my state so I just get the past guest).

I wonder if these emails people are getting are really from CCL? They have my email address and I am from a state that frequently has resident rates but I've never received an email offering the rate. I just always enter my state when checking out the prices.

I find this to be not true. For my upcoming Conquest cruise, the resident rate in MUCH lower than the past guest (I also tried entering it w/o my state so I just get the past guest).

I wonder if these emails people are getting are really from CCL? They have my email address and I am from a state that frequently has resident rates but I've never received an email offering the rate. I just always enter my state when checking out the prices.

The emails I'm receiving are from CCL, with our PVP's info on the email.

10/27/2013 and 1/26/2014

Prices thru e-mail link:

Inside Oceanview Balcony

10/27/13 $449 $549 $699

1/26/14 $449 $559 $679

Inside Oceanview Balcony

10/27/13 $399 $519 $699

1/26/14 $449 $559 $679

They have all sorts of tricks, its like a magic show, deception

Archived