Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emalemi

Triumph Review-June 27 to July 2-Canada(long)

Thanks for the speedy reply. Your earlier review was great!

Did you notice if there was a crepe buffet on your cruise? We were on a 4 day Carnival Cruise 2 summers ago, and if I remember correctly, they had it more than one night. It was fabulous! I think it was really late, maybe at 1 am. I told my kids about it (this will be their first cruise), and they are really excited that we will let them stay up for it!

Sorry, if they had a crepe buffet I didn't know about it. Maybe my sister knows something. Sis, you out there? :-)

:) Hi all, Thanks for your postings. My wife and I have gone on a couple of cruises and were "iffy" on weather our Boys (15, 17) would enjoy themselves. I feel confident now that they will and you have given me some Ideas as to what to expect in the ports. We leave Aug. 8th and Can't wait.

Thanks again!!!:D

Thank you, ShadyOne, for the review of the Thrill Ride. We are going on the July 25 cruise.

I have a few questions.

You mentioned pictures, how were you able to take them on the ride?

How long did the taxi ride to Fallsview Park take, and how much did it cost?

Thanks again!

I know my sis answered this somewhat, but a few of our girls (18-23) took along those disposable water cameras and used them IN the boat. There were moments of calmness between turns and the rapids, and I'm hearing those pics turned out great (haven't seem them as yet!).

Our minivan was $11 for 5 people, and it takes maybe 5-10 minutes to get there. Let them know you're going on the ride, and they'll drop you off exactly where you need to be :)

ShadyOne

Sorry, if they had a crepe buffet I didn't know about it. Maybe my sister knows something. Sis, you out there? :-)

We didn't see it, either. As my eldest daughter said, "If we'd have found it, we'd have eaten there!" :p

We didn't see it, either. As my eldest daughter said, "If we'd have found it, we'd have eaten there!" :p

That's cause she takes after her Aunt.

Thanks So Much Shadyone For Your Answer. I Just Cancelled The Excursion We Had Booked Hoping To Get Something Ourselves. Youve Been A Great Help. Hope We Enjoy As Much As You Did. We Are Senior Citizens But In Good Health So We Are Looking Foward To This. We Are Also Thinking Of The Bus Ride In St John If There Is Enough Time.

Really appreciate the review!!:) We are sailing her in December and cannot wait... and 4 lobster tails do sound pretty good....(well,,,,maybe 3);) I wonder how long the piano guy is staying...we enjoy the piano bar and I suppose it would help if he could sing!! Wish Damian would come back by December....:rolleyes:

Really appreciate the review!!:) We are sailing her in December and cannot wait... and 4 lobster tails do sound pretty good....(well,,,,maybe 3);) I wonder how long the piano guy is staying...we enjoy the piano bar and I suppose it would help if he could sing!! Wish Damian would come back by December....:rolleyes:

I don't know how long until they change the piano man, but even if they don't by the time you sail, don't worry!! With everyone in there belting out the songs, it really doesn't matter. Have another drink too...that always helps LOL!

Elliened - You are so welcome! I do hope you enjoy it as much as we did - we truly have great memories :) Saint John is a pretty city, though quite hilly. We'd walk down a street and then up a block instead of straight up and over to break it up a bit. I do seem to recall one of our taxi drivers saying it was $35 an hour to use a cab, so perhaps that's a comparison to the bus costs.

ShadyOne