Summit "Live" 9/21/13 Havana Daydreamin in a Northern Latitude

Havana Daydreamin

Agreed on this one. I have a touch of something myself. The person in the cabin next to us was hacking up a LUNG for the last week of the cruise. Sounded horrible. I just prayed it didn't spread to our cabin.

Wouldn't be the first time I've gotten a cold on board though, picked up a NASTY one a few years ago on my HAL cruise. It's the season for them, unfortunately.

Hope you all had as much fun as we did!!!

Welcome back

It was a very nice cruise with wonderful weather except for two mornings. With the cold weather, people were getting runny noses and coughing; but that happens everywhere when it gets cold. The Noro procedures were most effective with no reported cases; so the inconveniences were worth it.

Thanks again Havana Daydreaming for the preview. Now I have 6,000 photos of my own to work on. :)

It was a very nice cruise with wonderful weather except for two mornings. With the cold weather, people were getting runny noses and coughing; but that happens everywhere when it gets cold. The Noro procedures were most effective with no reported cases; so the inconveniences were worth it.

Thanks again Havana Daydreaming for the preview. Now I have 6,000 photos of my own to work on. :)

You are quite welcome. Will be doing a photo review posting?

MVP, always look forward to your reports!

Havana, already responded that I really enjoyed this report, but it has confirmed for my spouse that we need to do this one next year!

Really appreciate both of you. :-)

You are quite welcome. Thank you again! I am glad to return a favor of the joy I get from those who do "Live" postings. I have read it myself a few times and I have to admit I am a bit embarrased over some of the typos, but hey it was vacation so I can cut myself some slack!:D

I hope to take some time this week and do my wrap up posting and thoughts. I came home to a death of a 47 year old man leaving a widow and four daughters (a junior in HS, 7th Grade, twin second graders) and a planned commital and recommital the same week...followed by an out of town conference for two days.

I wonder how I get any other ministry things done sometimes. Anyway, maybe the time to reflect upon this marvelous vacation will prove to be a blessing.

And I look forward to seeing this cruise through the eyes and camera lens of others also!

You are quite welcome. Thank you again! I am glad to return a favor of the joy I get from those who do "Live" postings. I have read it myself a few times and I have to admit I am a bit embarrased over some of the typos, but hey it was vacation so I can cut myself some slack!:D

I hope to take some time this week and do my wrap up posting and thoughts. I came home to a death of a 47 year old man leaving a widow and four daughters (a junior in HS, 7th Grade, twin second graders) and a planned commital and recommital the same week...followed by an out of town conference for two days.

I wonder how I get any other ministry things done sometimes. Anyway, maybe the time to reflect upon this marvelous vacation will prove to be a blessing.

And I look forward to seeing this cruise through the eyes and camera lens of others also!

I am so sorry for the family of the 47 year old man. My sympathy and prayers go out to them. I hope that you find some time to rest. Judy

• 5 months later...

Thanks for a great review with fantastic photos! We booked the Summit earlier today for March 2015....your review has heightened our excitement! And we now have added a New England cruise to our must do list! Thanks again and happy cruising!

Thanks for a great review with fantastic photos! We booked the Summit earlier today for March 2015....your review has heightened our excitement! And we now have added a New England cruise to our must do list! Thanks again and happy cruising!

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the note. Blessings on your Summit voyage!

We truly did enjoy the ship!

• 4 months later...

Hi Havana - We are going in 13 days on the Summit NE/Canada and I've yet to get to yiur review. I think yiou did a live one which will take a while to read through.

I did view Mike Presisman's as it's on a separate URL without comments from others. Is yiurs like that too? If so, can you please list the URL? I can't seem to find it in this thread.

Steve

Hi! No I did not post anywhere else. What I do is just scroll through and read what is posted by The person doing the live review. If I can answer any questions you may have as you check through just ask.

Yiou mentioned that you were doing photos too. Did you ever post them somewhere?

Thanls!

Steve

Yiou mentioned that you were doing photos too. Did you ever post them somewhere?

Thanls!

Steve

Steve,

No, unfortunately upon return I did not upload any more photos to Photobucket beyond what I included in this "live" report.

It is interesting how vocation and life call one from the sea and being carefree at the hands of a ships crew stands in the way of continuing the fun.

That said, we ARE cruising again. Back on RC again out of New Orleans in January of 2015. We are doing a back to back and have been to the ports several times and look forward to a more laid back event to enjoy the ship while most are off ship on excursions.

We have some stops to make.....Margaritaville....just because I want to have a couple drinks and listen to the music before heading back to the ship. We will have a visit in New Orleans, Key West, Falmouth (Jamaica), Grand Caymen, and maybe Cozumel. I didn't really care for the m'ville in Cozumel and just don't want to do the cab ride.

Well, that was MORE INFORMATION than anyone wanted, I suppose. Just I am getting pumped about a different flavor of "live" report than I have done before. It is something I can do on a cruise apart from my call.

I truly enjoy doing those on a cruise.

Blessings to all!

Randy