Will rccl allow us to change booking to new TA?

sr5242

I feel your pain!!!! Before I found my current TA (a real gem!!!!) I had the biggest TA from, well...you all know where! She messed up everything for a family cruise. She was given a typed page and sent an email with everyones names, BDs, addresses, and other info(cell#s and passports, etc). People that were a couple were split into 2 cabins, aft bal cabin was given to an IS couple of teens and parents given the IS!!! One couple was paying for another couples 3 children!!! Oh, the list goes on and on. We finally decided to cancel and then re-book directly with cruise line for that sailing. It was soooo worth it! That was the only way we could get the mess straightened out. I wish you luck!!!

As mentioned above, your current TA would have to approve the Transfer - not too likely. You look like you're far enough from Final Payment date to Cancel and re-book, if you can absorb whatever cancellation fees your TA might impose. ken

I'm not sure how the TA agency is set up, but it sounds like it would be worth speaking to a manager or owner about the unacceptable service you have received to try and resolve it.

Good luck and I hope you're still ale to enjoy your holiday

As mentioned above, your current TA would have to approve the Transfer - not too likely. You look like you're far enough from Final Payment date to Cancel and re-book, if you can absorb whatever cancellation fees your TA might impose. ken

It isn't necessarily true to get the TA's approval. I didn't want to deal with the TA anymore and after a few calls to RCCL, I got a reservation removed from the TA and transferred to RCCL as a direct booking. The C&A people seemed to be the most helpful to me when I had issues and didn't know who could help me with my dilemma.

I was also told by one of the RCCL customer service agents that I could fill out and submit the following form with RCCL as the agent being transferred to (they told me it would take a few days for the transfer. I ended up submitting the form and called the C&A line a few day later to make sure my reservation was transferred to RCCL - It was successfully transferred with no more interaction with the TA): http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=2004&faqSubjectId=323&faqType=faq

It isn't necessarily true to get the TA's approval. I didn't want to deal with the TA anymore and after a few calls to RCCL, I got a reservation removed from the TA and transferred to RCCL as a direct booking. The C&A people seemed to be the most helpful to me when I had issues and didn't know who could help me with my dilemma.

I was also told by one of the RCCL customer service agents that I could fill out and submit the following form with RCCL as the agent being transferred to (they told me it would take a few days for the transfer. I ended up submitting the form and called the C&A line a few day later to make sure my reservation was transferred to RCCL - It was successfully transferred with no more interaction with the TA): http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=2004&faqSubjectId=323&faqType=faq

This was the same scenario for us. We found a TA that could give us a better deal. We did give the original agency a chance to match it, but they did not want to. Even though my new TA followed their expicit instructions to change, they dragged it out and came up with one excuse after another to delay this.

I finally became fed up with them and called Royal. Customer service was very apologetic and said that this was not a difficult procedure to have done and they suggested using the above link/form and they would expidite it as soon as they received it back. One day later, my booking is with my new TA. Good Luck and remeber this is your cruise and your money!!

My mother and I booked an April cruise with her TA. But her TA is a moron and is screwing up our trip six ways from Sunday. Would rccl allow us to move booking to new TA or are we stuck?

Thx!

you will need a letter from the TA or all you have to do is cancell with the TA and rebook with the RCCL.

A TA does not control your money and can not approve or disapprove a transfer. If you are within 60 days of the reservation and before final payment all you need to do is fill out the Agency Transfer Form, which a new TA will happily provide and fax it to RC. I recently did this and the transfer was completed within 48 hrs. Someone else provided a link for the form in this thread.

Of course, you are responsible for any cancellation fees your current TA may have as part of the contract. Lesson learn for me is to never book with a TA that has a cancelation fee prior to final payment.

You are getting a lot of misinformation on here. You cannot change to another TA without the original TA's permission. That TA owns your res whether you like it or not. You would have to prove to RCL that the TA is really causing you problems with mishandling before they would consider stepping in and that's really hard to do.

If and I say if the TA is willing to transfer back to RCL, be prepared to pay for that with a cancellation fee.

You can cancel if you are before final payment, but again, be prepared to pay a cancellation fee, pay a higher price and lose any perks you may have.

The form you are being shown is simply to use to transfer from RCL to a TA within 60 days of the booking being made.

You would have to prove to RCL that the TA is really causing you problems with mishandling before they would consider stepping in and that's really hard to do.

Not that hard to do, we have been there. RCI stepped in, took the resi from the Ta, no forms filled out, no permissions needed

I would give TA one last opportunity to make things right, and CLEARLY tell them what the issues are and what your expectations are for service level. Tell them that if they can't meet your expectations that you will have RCI intervene and take the business away from them. Sometimes it takes a stern message and level settting on your part to get what you want.

I would be absolutely adamant that you will NOT pay any cancellation or change fee as you are not changing due to a change in YOUR plans, but cancelling or changing due to the TA's inability to do their job correctly.

I wish I could screw up at my job and tell customers they owe me money on their way out the door...

I disagree. You can transfer your reservation back to RC and then to another TA. The only thing a TA control is whether or not you pay a cancellation fee. If nothing else you can cancel and rebook. However, this may not always be an option as the cruise fare may have gone up. My transfer did go from RC to a travel agent but I was going to transfer a different reservation from a TA to another TA and the new TA gave me the same form so I'm not completely sure how that works.

Come on people it's your money and the only person that controls how and where you spend it is you, it's insane to think otherwise. Even crazier to think that a TA has this control and has to give you permission.

You are getting a lot of misinformation on here. You cannot change to another TA without the original TA's permission. That TA owns your res whether you like it or not. You would have to prove to RCL that the TA is really causing you problems with mishandling before they would consider stepping in and that's really hard to do.

If and I say if the TA is willing to transfer back to RCL, be prepared to pay for that with a cancellation fee.

You can cancel if you are before final payment, but again, be prepared to pay a cancellation fee, pay a higher price and lose any perks you may have.

The form you are being shown is simply to use to transfer from RCL to a TA within 60 days of the booking being made.

You are giving different information from my recent experience with RCCL. I personally transferred a reservation from the TA to RCCL completing that form, as requested by the RCCL customer service agent (the link I posted was the link the customer service agent emailed me). However, the C&A agent informed me that it wasn't necessary to fill out any form. She put me on hold and made sure the transfer was made to RCCL. Regardless of what any of us are saying, they should just call the C&A line and ask for their help to get whatever they want done. I find the C&A representatives pretty helpful and willing to work with customers to rectify just about any situation.

Good luck on getting exactly what you want. You are the paying customer and deserve a pleasant experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am politely disagreeing with you on this. You have the right to change to whoever you want. It is your money. As I said before when I called to Royal about the delay, they were very sad to hear about the difficulties I was being given and said that it should have been a very simple process. They were happy to step in and help.

The CSR suggested I use the form that was mentioned earlier and they would help in facilitating the process along, which they did. They never had me prove why I wanted to change or even asked. I kept my original booking price & cabin and no cancellation fees. Again it is your money, your cruise.

Linda

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So nice to see polite on here for a change.

However I will reiterate, you cannot drop your TA without an excellent reason unless of course your TA fires you and I have seen that happen. I will also reiterate, it is going to cost you for that.

It is not in the best interest of this or any cruiseline to do this, I can guarantee you Carnival doesn't even do this. Having tried for over a month to turn a booking back to them, they didn't want it.

But as far as someone thinking they can move it back willy nilly - doesn't happen.

And if a CSR has taken one back without permission, they are working long.

However I will reiterate, you cannot drop your TA without an excellent reason unless of course your TA fires you and I have seen that happen. I will also reiterate, it is going to cost you for that.

It is not in the best interest of this or any cruiseline to do this, I can guarantee you Carnival doesn't even do this. Having tried for over a month to turn a booking back to them, they didn't want it.

But as far as someone thinking they can move it back willy nilly - doesn't happen.

And if a CSR has taken one back without permission, they are working long.

Still meaning to be polite, for I love a good discussion, but I just finished three calls with Royal's CSR (because I have learned thru here that one may not know everything) and all three times I was told that you have the right to change your TA before final payment, it was only if you had booked first with Royal that you had 60 days to change to a TA. I was told all three times that they would be glad to help in handling that scenario.

I can only verify thru my recent experience that we made our booking in the beginning of May and I just switched to my new TA. We didn't lose our cabin, price or have to pay any charges and was able to gain so much more.

Linda

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I will also continue to politely disagree.

I think you are missing the big picture, which is it is your money. It's not the TA's money nor RC's money. As such neither has the right to tell you how to spend it or with whom. You can absolutely switch a TA, whether it's by canceling then rebooking or by using the transfer agency form.

You do not owe the TA and/or RC an "excellent reason" why you want to do so. A TA provides a service and like all service related transactions if you are not happy with the service it is your right to go elsewhere. I think it's absurd that anyone would think otherwise.

you will need a letter from the TA or all you have to do is cancell with the TA and rebook with the RCCL.

I transferred my reservation from the TA to RCCL direct by calling RCCL C&A line. No letter from the TA or cancelling of the originally booked cruise.

Basically, RCCL told me that they do their best to support the TA's. However, they will not prevent a transfer back to RCCL as a direct reservation. Since the reservation wasn't actually cancelled (it was transferred), the TA couldn't charge me a cancellation fee. RCCL would prefer getting the TA to request th transfer, but it is NOT required (I personally went straight to RCCL and not the TA to have my reservation transferred). I would strongly encourage a call to the C&A line for their assistance. I hope this helps.

I transferred my reservation from the TA to RCCL direct by calling RCCL C&A line. No letter from the TA or cancelling of the originally booked cruise.

Basically, RCCL told me that they do their best to support the TA's. However, they will not prevent a transfer back to RCCL as a direct reservation. Since the reservation wasn't actually cancelled (it was transferred), the TA couldn't charge me a cancellation fee. RCCL would prefer getting the TA to request th transfer, but it is NOT required (I personally went straight to RCCL and not the TA to have my reservation transferred). I would strongly encourage a call to the C&A line for their assistance. I hope this helps.

BTW - I just verbally told RCCL over the phone that I no longer wanted to deal with the TA. They did not ask me to elaborate further. I received excellent customer service from RCCL.

Archived