Fruit Basket - Adventure of Seas

nmg85

Hello,

We are traveling on the Adventure next month and are looking at surprising our traveling companions with a gift in the cabin on their arrival as it is there 1st cruise. Does anybody know if the fruit basket is any good? worth the money?

I am thinking about getting the cupcakes but one of the members has only recently had surgery in the past few months and so has to monitor their food closely.

Thanks in Advance

i have never even seen one of their fruit baskets but as much as i am sure that they are pretty, there's plenty of free fresh fruit available from the windjammer, so i personally wouldn't pay for it. I received a gift of 4 vanilla cupcakes on the Freedom last year, they were yummy.

Had chocolate strawberries from my travel agent one yr, not sure if they still do them. Nice treat!

As said above, you can get fruit anytime., but nice to have your own supply! But, room attendant may remove it part way through the week if it looks like fruit is going off.

Of course there is always wine/champagne - personaly, I do not drink champagne, so end up giving it away.

Speaking from experience, the fruit basket was a nice thought, but we didn't eat any of it. It sat in the cabin. As stated, there is just so much fruit available onboard that paying for a basket of what is already so abundant just doesn't make sense to me. As well, I have read here that the cupcakes were also a nice gesture but again, sweets are also in abundance.

If a gift is something you must do, I would take a look at the chocolate covered strawberries; these are not available on a regular basis and would be a nice treat, IMO.

I got the fruit basket one year and, although it was nice, it was mostly uneaten since, like others have said, the same fruit is available at no charge in the buffet. However, I got the chocolate covered strawberries and champagne combo once and it was great. If your friends are not drinkers, they also have the combo with the strawberries and non-alcoholic sparkling wine.

Archived