Ventura which Superior Deluxe Balcony cabin

crafty sue

Hi

We are Looking at 26th March Fly Cruise on Ventura and as we have never been on Ventura wondered which cabin to choose - I was drawn to E730 but then saw bad reviews about nightclub noise until the early hours ! - so now fancy D732 although I note that there are no covers over the balcony.

Looking for advice from seasoned Ventura Cruisers - anybody stayed in either of these cabins? - does the open balcony cause you any problems?

help.... please;)

We have booked a D deck superior deluxe cabin for our Canaries cruise next week. I will post on here our thoughts.

We have visited an E deck superior deluxe but the balcony was shaded rather than being open. The cabins are great though very roomy and large bathrooms.

We like C deck balconies which are 1/2 open and 1/2 shaded but booking a getaway you can't choose the deck and the A and B deck balconies are very small.

I don't think it will bother us the balcony being open. At least we should get some sun.

Sue

I have had cabin E728 and E724 and E725 on Ventura whch are almost identical to cabins on Azura. The only one which was a problem was E728 which along with its neighbour E730 are badly affected by late night booming music from the Havanna or Manhattan night club.

The balconys are covered overhead so are great for privacy. No one looking down on you. It does not mean they are shaded, unless the sun is shining on the other side of the ship.

If your cruise is a transatlantic cruise back to Southampton, and you like the sun you should consider asking for a cabin on the starboard side where you will have the sun until late afternoon.

The E deck superior deluxe cabins on Starboard side are not affected by the above noise I have described. The E deck superior deluxe cabins are great, so much so that we are in E722 for our next cruise on Ventura on 11th of October.

Happy cruise.

Reading this I have just had a thought - as people can't smoke on their balconies, there will be more smokers forced out onto the decks. Are the dedicated smoking areas large enough to cope with the extra numbers who will use them?

Thanks for all the info - we are off this afternoon to book it ! excited.... we are going to go for E731 just hope we get good weather in the Med in March. We have sailed P & O before on Oceana - but it was the Atlantic Coast and it rained in every port except Cadiz, I got a really bad chest infection ended up at the Doctors and confined to Cabin for 2 days - that was £150 we had to claim back on insurance. Does P& O have a membership for past travellers? do they have any perks?

As for the Smoking the ban comes in on our cruise - we can use E-cigs in the cabin and on the balcony but not indoors anywhere else and only in the dedicated smoking areas on deck - so there will be lots of us in a huddle - does anyone know if there is a covered area on deck of the Ventura and if so where it is?

regards

sue x

Reading this I have just had a thought - as people can't smoke on their balconies, there will be more smokers forced out onto the decks. Are the dedicated smoking areas large enough to cope with the extra numbers who will use them?

Reading this made me remember a Fred cruise we went on. A friend of ours was on the same cruise, we hope to meet up with her. However she was a smoker, and once she had taken up residence in a chair where she could smoke, she would not move for the rest of the day....in case she lost her place.

Maybe something similar will happen on P and O.

Archived