Missing Memory Card Found in Othello Tunnels

Marmot@Sea

I can't help ID them, but just a hint for others: on every one of my DH's memory cards the first picture has his name and address, and it is write-protected.

Great idea but

what is 'write protected'?

Does that mean it can't be recorded over?

Great idea but

what is 'write protected'?

Does that mean it can't be recorded over?

Yes, unless/until it is unlocked. So even if he clears the card with Erase All that will still remain. But a re-format of the card would delete it.

Edited by catl331

Not sure if they have checked which cruise ships were on port on the days the pictures were taken. They could contact the cruise line which would also have picture records of each passenger.

Very sad to loose pictures from a holiday like that.

I can't help ID them, but just a hint for others: on every one of my DH's memory cards the first picture has his name and address, and it is write-protected.

The first picture on my memory cards is of my business card. :)

Edited by Boytjie

Just a small add...

For all external media, thumb drive or SD card, I create a file with a short title that says, simply, Reward for Finder: Call (213)xxx-xxxx

When the finder plugs the device into a computer the title will appear.

It worked for me a few years back the one time I lost a thumb drive. Cost me nothing, by the way.

HI

i put address labels on everything. My first cruise to Alaska, My had my brother's small camera the first stop was Kitchean I had walked dodwn to falls and had people take pictures if me. On way back the camera fell out of my pocket on to the seat. When I got to my cabin It was not there. I knew it had to be on bus. I ran out and awaited the bus to return. I did not put a address on camera. It was no where. next morning I got a call sthe person picked it up and called me. They saw my picture and new who I was thier cabin was across from mine. All my pictures were saved as I had my big 2 canon cameras and took hundreds of photo and when I went to change the battery noticed I did not have any flash cards in them. It was sunny all the way to falls and it started to rain. So that little camers saved me. I would mess up again when my flash card got corpted after taking hundres of photo's in Tracy Arm. I am still trying to find someone with either video or photo's from the June 2011 cruise. All that ice was so exciting I never saw anything so beautiful.

Mary

The same storey was in the Vancouver Province newspaper this morning with the same picture of the couple. Perhaps it will lead to something. Customer service Department of HAL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess & Disney should be contacted with same photo. One of these cruise lines should be able to identify them.

Edited by solocanadian

The same storey was in the Vancouver Province newspaper this morning with the same picture of the couple. Perhaps it will lead to something. Customer service Department of HAL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess & Disney should be contacted with same photo. One of these cruise lines should be able to identify them.
There should be date information in the "properties" of each jpg of a recognizable location which could narrow it down to just one ship. IF the couple was on a cruise ship. I didn't see that stated anywhere, and the life vests they are wearing in the photo don't look like any I've ever had on a cruise.

Edited by jtl513

I feel so sad for someone losing their memory card and all their wonderful pictures.

I have lost a camera before and almost did so again this past Monday. :eek: We were in Portland, Oregon and did a day trip to the Columbia River Gorge. When we left Multnomah Falls I put my camera on the roof of the car as I took my wet coat off... and drove away. A few miles down the road I had to swerve a bit to get onto the right side of I-84 and something came sliding off the roof and rested on the windshield wipers. My camera! Phew, everything was OK.

There should be date information in the "properties" of each jpg of a recognizable location which could narrow it down to just one ship. IF the couple was on a cruise ship. I didn't see that stated anywhere, and the life vests they are wearing in the photo don't look like any I've ever had on a cruise.

I thought the life vests looked like they could be from an excursion of some type. Hope the couple gets reunited with their photos.

I have lost a camera before and almost did so again this past Monday. :eek: We were in Portland, Oregon and did a day trip to the Columbia River Gorge. When we left Multnomah Falls I put my camera on the roof of the car as I took my wet coat off... and drove away. A few miles down the road I had to swerve a bit to get onto the right side of I-84 and something came sliding off the roof and rested on the windshield wipers. My camera! Phew, everything was OK.

What luck! You need to go buy a lottery ticket.

I realize no cruise ship was mentioned but one of the pictures showed Creek Street which is in Ketchikan. Assumed they got there by cruise ship. Also thought the picture of them in the life vests was taken while on an excursion.:)

• 1 month later...