Memory Card Found in Othello Tunnels Near Hope, BC

Marmot@Sea

Below is a link to an article about a memory card that has been found in Othello Tunnels near Hope, BC.

In the article it shows a photo of Ketchikan.

Please share and hopefully we can reunite the owner with the memory card.

Thanks.

http://globalnews.ca/news/860086/do-you-know-this-couple-delta-man-finds-camera-card-near-hope/

I've always read that the first picture you should take on a new memory card is of a sheet of paper with as much personal information on it as you feel comfortable listing. In cases like this when a lost camera or memory card is found they'll know who to return it to or how to contact you.

I've always read that the first picture you should take on a new memory card is of a sheet of paper with as much personal information on it as you feel comfortable listing. In cases like this when a lost camera or memory card is found they'll know who to return it to or how to contact you.

Great tip, Dave! I've not thought of that idea before. Thanks for posting it as I'll be doing it going forward. As for the information, I always use my work address on my luggage tags & itinerary sheet I place in my suitcase(s).

Joel

Great tip, Dave! I've not thought of that idea before. Thanks for posting it as I'll be doing it going forward. As for the information, I always use my work address on my luggage tags & itinerary sheet I place in my suitcase(s).

Joel

Yes, very good idea about the memory card and adding info. We do the same thing with our luggage.;)

I sure hope this couple get their card back, it was probably a once in a life time trip for them.

Picture #1 on my memory cards is always a photo of my business card. And we line up all our luggage before we fly and take a picture of our bags. And if you have a young child or children and are going some place crowded where they could get lost, like an amusement park or zoo, or airport, take a picture of them that day with your phone or camera so that you can record what they are wearing. God forbid you should ever be asked to describe them, in your moment of panic, you would be surprised how flustered you would be.

One time my mom lost her video camera in New Orleans and reported it to the hotel lost and found. They found a camera that fit her description and sent it to her, but it wasn't hers. By watching the video that had been recorded and doing a lot if internet searching, we were able to track down the rightful owner. Unfortunately, they did not have her camera, as we were hoping that there had been a simple swap. I hope that the internet is as successful with this couple.

I have always intended to make the first photograph on each new memory card one with my contact information. After seeing this article yesterday it is something I will do today.

Like others have already I have used my business address on my luggage. Inside my luggage I include a piece of paper with my name and contact information and where I will be on what dates.

I really like the idea of snapping the photo of young children before heading out for a day of adventure JimmyVWine.

Great idea Dave!

Joel

Since we haven't been working I've only put my cell# on the tags & itinerary inside the suitcase. I'd feel more comfortable using an address. Would you use your home address, a relatives or another suggestion. Thanks!

Archived