Escargot Report

Splendour of Seas

28 September 2013 sailing

Escargot on the menu all 7 nights

Scallops also on the menu (and the escargot, both listed--not just a waiter suggestion) on the formal nights.

Ditto :)

Although I did notice the small print on the menu under the Escargot starter saying "may be temporarily unavailable due to availability". One of our table mates ordered it on the first night and when it was served all he could see was a pool of garlicky buttery sauce. I guess the little critters were temporarily unavailable on his plate :D

Ditto :)

Although I did notice the small print on the menu under the Escargot starter saying "may be temporarily unavailable due to availability". One of our table mates ordered it on the first night and when it was served all he could see was a pool of garlicky buttery sauce. I guess the little critters were temporarily unavailable on his plate :D

lol

I think Dave had it every night but one. Maybe he out the ship out of it.

If it IS a Med thing, I think it is only fair--since we don't get lobster ;)

Escargot was on the menu on the:

Disney Magic - March 1-9

Carnival Magic - Sept 1 - 8

We don't order or eat escargot though. When we lived in Houston, we were always picking them off the side of our house. :eek:

Adventure on Feb. 10, '13: none available, except on Valentine's day.

Here is where it gets strange. We were on the Adventure's Feb 10th sailing and DID have them the first few nights. Then we were told that they were out. I'm pretty sure this was before Valentine's on the 14th!!

Enchantment

September 20-23

Not only was escargot not available, it wasn't even on the menu anymore! They've changed the menus to say "bay scallop gratin".

Bummer. I was hoping for some next month. The bay scallop dish is a poor substitute IMO.

EDIT: Escargots were available on Carnival Fascination last week. But CCL's version is nowhere near as good as RCI's.

Edited by DarthGrady

Oasis of the Seas

Eastern Caribbean

June 1, 2013

No Escargot. Menu was also changed and did not mention Escargot.

Bay Scallop Gratin or Scallop and Crab Meat Gratin. One or the other was offered every night of the cruise.

Edited by G85 SS

Oasis

10/5/13

Not on the menu even though the waiter told us on day one they would be on the menu for lobster night. When we got the menu that night and did not find them we simply asked and he said no problem and brought them to us.

• 3 weeks later...
For recent sailings and forward, lets keep a running list of escargot availibility. Maybe we can figure out some trends!

If interested in sharing:

-Post your ship

-sail date

-yes or no for availibility of escargot

Sailed on the Explorer which departed on 10/29/13 and I did have Escargot.

On Oasis Oct 5 I asked and the waiter said second formal night. I don 't remember if it was on the menu, thought. I was the normal serving on the escargot dish with lots of buttery garlic for dipping bread in. Good Luck!!!

Explorer of the Seas - Departing Bayonne 10/20/13 - No escargot.

I checked the menus each night and no escargot. I will say that I did get the Bay Scallops Au Gratin (which is the same appetizers served with tiny scallops instead of the escargot) and it was delicious! Dare I say that I didn't miss the escargot and enjoyed the appetizer.

Edited by SnappyNappi