That one unique thing about Celebrity...

K.T.B.

Let's face it, most cruises are all basically the "same". Nearly all of them have a similar cabin set up with a similarly structured inside cabins to outside cabins to balconies to penthouse type cabins (average to the best). They all have dining rooms, buffets, specialty dining, pools, shows, gambling, etc. But each line has something that has their customers coming back again and again. For some it's price, for some it's itinerary (though most tend to do similar itineraries as well), and so on. People have their "favorite line", though there are those who travel a variety of lines with no clear cut fave.

So what is that one unique thing about Celebrity you really love? What has you coming back for more and looking forward to that next cruise with them?

For me and my wife, it's the staff. More specifically, the command staff. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised to see a real presence of the command staff about the ship. On our previous cruises we were always seeing the hotel part of the staff, but rarely the command staff other than the CD or maitre d'. You just did not see anyone walking around and being amongst the passengers. On my cruise with Celebrity you did.

It was just nice to see and it made the experience even more enjoyable for us.

So what about rest of you...? :)

The benefits for the Elite in the Captain's Club.

No other line will ever have it because is unique to X. Other lines could duplicate it but it can only be on X to be theirs.

.:D

The benefits for the Elite in the Captain's Club.

No other line will ever have it because is unique to X. Other lines could duplicate it but it can only be on X to be theirs.

.:D

Yes the Elite benefits are great. I love the Escargot and creme brulee. Richard

Celebrity is unique because of what it DOESN'T have:

smoking indoors or on balconies

announcements

pirates who grab you for photos

shorts in the dining room

spring breakers

hooting and hollering

I am going to disagree with you slightly on the bolded part.

On my Summit cruise there were people who definitely tried to stop you as you left the ship to take your picture.

They were not inherently rude about it and they were not wearing costumes, but they did "get in your way" to make you stop. We just walked around them and said, "no thanks."

I am going to disagree with you slightly on the bolded part.

On my Summit cruise there were people who definitely tried to stop you as you left the ship to take your picture.

They were not inherently rude about it and they were not wearing costumes, but they did "get in your way" to make you stop. We just walked around them and said, "no thanks."

Photographers are just trying to make a living, but on Princess outside of the dining room the Pirates physically grabbed me and held me so that I had to physically fight to get free. I tried to politely decline verbally first. This happened on a couple of Princess cruises, so it wasn't an isolated thing. I don't think that passengers should be put in such a position. Some of us don't like being touched by strangers or have religious beliefs that prohibit being touched by the opposite sex.

A unique thing that Celebrity could initiate would be a special line at embarkation that would allow passengers who did not want to stop for a photo to pass. They now have to get out of a sometimes long line and go around those who are waiting making appear that they may be cutting in the front of the line. That could be unique and would be welcomed by many.

Besides all the things that have been mentioned, I like having cloth towels in the public bathrooms. Also nice is non-wrapped butter on the tables in the MDR. And of course, the bread sticks. ;)

Garry

Archived