• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Platinum member tournament question:

lulu13

I am not a big gambler so this is probably a silly question, but here goes. i am going to be platinum on my Nov 3 cruise on the Pride. One of the perks is, I believe, a slots tournament buy one get one free. I think the cost is around $20. Is there any other cost involved during this tournament or do you just play until you use up your $20. Again, I am not a big gambler but would like to take advantage of this perk if the cost is only $20 total. Help!

I am not a big gambler so this is probably a silly question, but here goes. i am going to be platinum on my Nov 3 cruise on the Pride. One of the perks is, I believe, a slots tournament buy one get one free. I think the cost is around $20. Is there any other cost involved during this tournament or do you just play until you use up your $20. Again, I am not a big gambler but would like to take advantage of this perk if the cost is only $20 total. Help!

Yes, that is the only cost.

You sit at a specific row of machines for 5 minutes (timed). Everyone starts at the same time, you just keep hitting "spin" for 5 minutes. The top 8 people (I think) play against each other in the final. One wins $500, and one wins a t-shirt.

It's actually pretty fun. I brought my mom once and now she loves doing it!

Hi, Lulu. The $20 is the entry fee, and there is no further cost. You sign up for a machine on their board, and when your round is called, you just keep pressing the button until time runs out. You don't actually put the $20 in the slot machine. They take the top scores through the day, and if you have one of those top scores, you show back up at a set time later in the afternoon, usually about 3 PM or so, and play in the final round. The one top scorer in that final round wins. The prize can vary, but generally is about $300 or so. With the buy one get one free entry, if you don't score high enough the first time you try, you can use your second entry to try to get a higher score in a later round to get your name on the board to qualify for that last round. Or you can give the second entry to someone else to use if you prefer. Good luck! And congratulations on becoming platinum!

Have a great cruise!

Oh my. :-(

Also, on the Splendor last month, at the blackjack tournaments, if you paid for your entry at the table with cash or chips, they gave you a $5.00 match play coupon that you could use at a regular table. They did not give you the coupon if you entered using an entry card.

The last time I was on the ship they had about 10 rounds, to make it into the finals.

And it's not just for Platinum passengers it's open to anyone who wants to pay the entry fee, we just get the BOGO as a perk.

And they were suppose to change it back to free for Diamond passengers they've changed that to BOGO.

For all the info. I may as well give it a try. Looking forward to my platinum cruise, even though it is my fourth time on the Pride. Taking along my granddaughter for her 16th birthday present. She already loves cruising too.

We do it all the time. We too are platinum and miss the "free" one but what the heck. As I said we did it prior to making platinum because we enjoy it. Husband has several T's for making it to the final round but never won! As the other poster stated though it is now $25

We do it all the time. We too are platinum and miss the "free" one but what the heck. As I said we did it prior to making platinum because we enjoy it. Husband has several T's for making it to the final round but never won! As the other poster stated though it is now $25

I technically own "half" a t-shirt - LOL!

Went into it with a friend, that if etiher of us won, we'd share the $500. She came in 2nd. So we got a shirt ;) I did give it up to her to give to her daughter, who waited so patiently to go to the pool while we did this ;)

When it was a complimentary Platinum perk, it was fun. Now it's just another slap in the face

Maybe in your situation, but not in mine. I choose to play in both blackjack tournaments and in both slot tournaments, so even under the old system I would get one free entry and have to buy three. Nothing has changed for me except the price, which is now $25. an entry.

When it was a complimentary Platinum perk, it was fun. Now it's just another slap in the face

I agree with you 100%. It was nice back in the days when Platinum perks were worth something. Since FTTF can be purchased for $50, there really isn't incentive to become Platinum.:mad:

I agree with you 100%. It was nice back in the days when Platinum perks were worth something. Since FTTF can be purchased for $50, there really isn't incentive to become Platinum.:mad:

Really? Did we have immediate cabin access and priority luggage delivery prior to FTTF? Now we do, and we don't have to pay for it.

Oh my. :-(

It was $25 on the Triumph we just returned from. They said that they were going to invite the winners back at the end of the year for a Grand Finale tournament and thus the extra $5. Not sure how that works or if they pay for that tournament cruise or not. I didn't win so didn't ask.

Please show me where that was ever in writing. Or did you just barge thru the heavy doors because you felt entitled.

No it was never written, nor did I feel entitled , it was told to me by my PVP and several of our group years ago that IT WAS A CARNIVAL PERK FOR PLATINUMS !

So I guess you where just never informed :D to bad, you missed it :eek:

Archived