? "Free" TEA - except for Oceanview- where can you get it?

TheWren

Is the Oceanview Buffet the only place onboard where you can get "free" tea (other than room-service) ?

I'm not referring to the drinks packages (there's lots of postings about those), however most people don't mention if (free) hot beverages are available in the bars & dining rooms / restaurants ?

Thank you.

There is tea at no extra charge,as well as many other no extra charge beverages, available in all dining areas and from room service.

Here is a copy of a post I wrote a long time ago on another thread about included beverages:

To recap, no extra charge beverages:

Tap water, Brewed coffee (regular and decaf), instant coffee (taster's choice regular and decaf), Tea (good selection of about 8 or more popular tea blends including green, mint, etc), hot coca (Nestles instant mix), Milk (regular, chocolate and skim), juices, iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch.

All of these items are available in any dining area or from room service. They are available 24/7 from room service and from beverage stations in the buffet area although some items are not available at all times in the buffet: Some milks are only available during meals in the buffet and the dispensers used for juices during breakfast times are used for iced tea, lemonade and punch at other times.

For the most part there is an extra charge for any alcoholic, carbonated, or bottled beverage. Also most bars and lounges charge for any beverages served there. There are upscale versions of many no-extra-charge beverages available which do cost extra such as espresso based coffees, organic teas, bottled water, fresh sqeezed OJ, etc.

If you are on a S class ship that has the Hideaway there is usually hot water and tea bags there. This is on deck 8 or 7 don't remember but you can find it on the deck plans.

If you are in AQ there is tea in the relation room that is part of the package for AQ.

They also have tea available in the Aqua Spa Cafe.

Is the Oceanview Buffet the only place onboard where you can get "free" tea (other than room-service) ?

I'm not referring to the drinks packages (there's lots of postings about those), however most people don't mention if (free) hot beverages are available in the bars & dining rooms / restaurants ?

Thank you.

hot or cold?

Hot water is available all day in the buffet areas and there should be tea bags along with hot cocoa mix. you can also get it in any sit down restaurant.

iced tea is usually post breakfast hours only and available at the buffet and the MDR although I bet if you asked for it at breakfast in a MDR you'd get it.

Is the Hideaway on all Sc class ships or just on Silhouette and Reflection? I've sailed all the S class ships and only recall it on the two newest ones.

It is just on Silhouette and Reflection. When we were on Silhouette we found that sometimes the coffee & tea area there was set up and sometimes not. I didn't try to figure out the timing as half way through the cruise we bought the non-alcohol package and started enjoying our coffee and tea at Café al Bacio.

Archived