***LIVE from the Star Trans Atlantic Garden Villa***

SuiteCruiser

What a wonderful review. We booked the Star's trans-Atlantic for next October, but cancelled it so we could take my sister & brother-in-law on a cruise to Canada/New England next September. Some of our friends can't imagine being on a cruise with so many sea days, but we would have loved it! The Garden Villa sounds amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing . I will try to follow your other posts, and if I'm ever on the same cruise as you, I will beg you to show me how to gamble. You make it seem like such fun. :)

You got it! I like to play games where you can't mess up other's play so there are fewer grumpy faces around. We like to celebrate other people's wins and just have fun. Eventually we turn over even the grumpiest of grumpikins to our way of playing :)

I am sorry your time in the villa has come to an end....I never wanted ours to end!! It was an amazing time and I enjoyed reliving it a bit through your blog. Sorry your disembarkation was a little messed up. Our concierge and butler brought us down to the deck to depart where we hugged and said our goodbyes to them (they were awesome!!), and then the porter took us down the elevator and right through security....no waiting at all (and there was a long line). Heading to our limo and saying goodbye to the Dawn was a bit sad, but we were glad to be getting home to our doggies ;). You can now go home and "relax" as it sounds like you were very busy onboard.:D

I think that's how it was supposed to be. Honestly, I'm no prima donna, but both with embarkation and disembarkation we were asked to wait while everyone else embarked/disembarked so not even treated as the rest of the passengers.

No worries, nothing soured, just meant less time at the airport. Thank you for your review, I read it over and over again and thought of you when we heard those pounding feet overhead LOL!

Such a great review, it sounds like you made the most of your time on board! Thanks for sharing, it was wonderful!

Bluejai

Thanks Bluejai, it was crazy to return home and see a totally different place, all the leaves on the ground and cold and rain. Need to book another cruise to get away from our Canadian winter!

Thanks for posting your cruise adventure. We were on the Star the cruise just before yours to Iceland. Wonderful trip. Gary was our butler on the Dawn last October to Quebec City. It was nice to see him in the suite pre-boarding area in Copenhagen, but he was not our butler this time on deck 12. Aries did a great job as butler. Our room steward Alex was amazing. And we were thrilled to see Captain Kostas again.

Keep enjoying that Garden Villa - it sounds amazing.

Thank you! Too bad you couldn't stay on. Truly an amazing time :)

Not too many posts to this thread but almost 2000 views! We are all following intently.Not too many pax will be in a Garden Villa so we are enjoying it vicariously thru your posts. Thanks and hope you continue to have a wonderful time.:)

Candy

THank you so much, I hadn't noticed the post count and thought I was either putting people to sleep or driving them to drink, so I appreciate your comment.

I never thought I'd be in a GV either, it's interesting the people and situations that life throws at you. Now I can't imagine never being in one again. Spoiled for sure.

Oh my.....SO enjoying reading this! It makes me relax and imagine I am there. Love the Star.

Sure hope you get well. I can identify just now...sick for two weeks but now on antibiotics for 14 days.

Waiting for the next installment. Keep it coming.

Hope you are better now! Glad you enjoyed our antics :)

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I can not wait for more!:D

Cherie, we always referred to the stairs as the "Stairway to Heaven" after reading your review :) We were lucky to be able to get in right away and not have to suffer through the suspense of waiting through lunch.

Sally, I really enjoyed reading your blog and it brought back some wonderful memories. However, I am a bit disturbed that I was not invited to the "naughty bits" party! :o It sounds like you all had a wonderful time and I am so glad Ed and I were included in some of your fun. Im sure you are glad to be home and back with your family. We hope to run into all of you again on a cruise sometime. Debbie

Sally, I really enjoyed reading your blog and it brought back some wonderful memories. However, I am a bit disturbed that I was not invited to the "naughty bits" party! :o It sounds like you all had a wonderful time and I am so glad Ed and I were included in some of your fun. Im sure you are glad to be home and back with your family. We hope to run into all of you again on a cruise sometime. Debbie

Nice to see you again Deb. I loved that we were always on the same feeding schedule! I think the real party was better than the naughty bit one, even I escaped it ;) There are some things you don't need to know about your friends LOL.

Really great to meet you both and hopefully our paths will cross again :)

Just found this review! Thanks for sharing (loved the Irish couple at La Cucina).

I was on the cruise before yours, and just had a wonderful time. I couldn't imagine 11 sea days until I read your review. Of course being in the GV with friends certainly saved you from boredom!!

Looking forward to your next journey!

Just found this review! Thanks for sharing (loved the Irish couple at La Cucina).

I was on the cruise before yours, and just had a wonderful time. I couldn't imagine 11 sea days until I read your review. Of course being in the GV with friends certainly saved you from boredom!!

Looking forward to your next journey!

Thanks Cubechick! No issue at all about boredom. It was just perfect, so much so that we just booked for a repeat :)

Now I'm going to ask a very personal question, so please forgive me. But looking at GV prices makes me wonder--did everyone split the final cost equally three ways, or did you apportion it according to size of bedroom suites, etc.? I'm going to have to start a Major Campaign to get two more couples to go in with us, so we can do the impossible and book it! Your review left me drooling!:D

Now I'm going to ask a very personal question, so please forgive me. But looking at GV prices makes me wonder--did everyone split the final cost equally three ways, or did you apportion it according to size of bedroom suites, etc.? I'm going to have to start a Major Campaign to get two more couples to go in with us, so we can do the impossible and book it! Your review left me drooling!:D

We apportioned a larger cost to the 2 masters, they were the same amount and then less to the penthouse in the middle. They are all great rooms, but the penthouse bathroom doesn't come close to the one in the master bedrooms. Only the Star and the Dawn have 2 masters, so if you are on a Jewel class ship, that one master would pay the most following our reasoning.

Hope that helps!!

I crack up every time I think about that part of your review. If it happens again, I'll be on the floor laughing for sure!

:D

Maybe we'll be on the same cruise and I'll just invite you up!

The funniest piece to me was the guys discussing it all afterwards and who had what and whether or not it was in scale with body size :) there was some discussion on "shrinkage" since some of them had just come in to the AC from the hot tub.

Maybe we'll be on the same cruise and I'll just invite you up!

The funniest piece to me was the guys discussing it all afterwards and who had what and whether or not it was in scale with body size :) there was some discussion on "shrinkage" since some of them had just come in to the AC from the hot tub.

If my son were not getting married on 10/4/14, I would give serious consideration to booking this cruise, and taking you up on that offer. :)

I can only imagine how amusing that conversation was! So glad you had such a fabulous time, and that you can look forward to doing it all over again.

;)

Archived