Been in a Neptune Suite on Maasdam Recently?

cp556

Yes, all our cruises on Maasdam in Neptune Suite, we have gotten slippers.

If for some reason you don't get them by second day, speak with your steward and/or concierge.

Edited by sail7seas

I do use the slippers at times - especially for the verandah if it is still wet from washing - and yes they are still there - never fear:D

Have a great cruise - I will be forever grateful to you for your info that you were kind enough to share on SB and SC categories:):)

hmmmm I've brought the slippers home for my guest room. I go barefoot in the suite and to the Neptune lounge. More than one of the concierges loved the fact that I felt so at home to go barefoot. And others followed my example. I expect a lot of 'germ o phobes' to chime in on this. However, I've gone bare foot for more than 65 years and not gotten any horrible disease from that.

I use the slippers - sometimes. DH, not so much. But it's that "white rag" they put my slippers on each night next to the bed that drives me nuts! :rolleyes: What purpose is that supposed to serve - except to be something for me to trip over. We remove them immediately. After a couple of days the cabin steward gets the hint.

I use the slippers - sometimes. DH, not so much. But it's that "white rag" they put my slippers on each night next to the bed that drives me nuts! :rolleyes: What purpose is that supposed to serve - except to be something for me to trip over. We remove them immediately. After a couple of days the cabin steward gets the hint.

The minute we get back to the cabin in the evening, the first thing DH does is to remove that white foot "mats" -- so that we don't trip over them as well.

One question I have on the S cabins. I notice on some cabin photos where some bathrooms were updated. Would think that all of the S cabins are updated by now. Has anyone on a recent Maasdam cruise in a Neptune suites still notice the older style bathroom decor.

I do use the slippers at times - especially for the verandah if it is still wet from washing - and yes they are still there - never fear:D

Have a great cruise - I will be forever grateful to you for your info that you were kind enough to share on SB and SC categories:):)

Thank you SO much. DH loves those slippers, for some reason, and now he's smiling.

And thanks for the kind words, too. Now *I* am smiling, too!

One question I have on the S cabins. I notice on some cabin photos where some bathrooms were updated. Would think that all of the S cabins are updated by now. Has anyone on a recent Maasdam cruise in a Neptune suites still notice the older style bathroom decor.

Well, I can let you know in a couple of days :)

The bathrooms in Neptune Suites on Maasdam were updated at her drydock some two or so years ago. However, there are at least a few cabins that got new floors, wall tiles, counter and added the wall to wall shelf beneath the sink but did not get a new tub. :rolleyes: They replaced many (most ?) of the Neptune Suite tubs but not all.

Edited by sail7seas

The bathrooms in Neptune Suites on Maasdam were updated at her drydock some two or so years ago. However, there are at least a few cabins that got new floors, wall tiles, counter and added the wall to wall shelf beneath the sink but did not get a new tub. :rolleyes: They replaced many (most ?) of the Neptune Suite tubs but not all.

Sail, when the tubs were replaced, do the new ones have lower sides? The original tubs on S-Class ships have really high sides (to me) and this short-legged person has a challenge getting in and out easily.

Sail, when the tubs were replaced, do the new ones have lower sides? The original tubs on S-Class ships have really high sides (to me) and this short-legged person has a challenge getting in and out easily.

Those tub sides are so high if I was traveling solo I would have to get a cabin with a shower. I'm not short but getting in and out of those tubs without help is dangerous. Easy to slip and fall

I don't know if the new tubs have lower sides as the cabin we always book is one that still has the old, high sided tub.

On a turn around day one of our b-to-b's, I looked in another suite bathroom but truly don't remember if the sides are lower. I suspect they are.

• 8 months later...

I've asked this separately but since you all have been in a Neptune suite on Maasdam I wonder if you can tell me which area is the least noisy from deck right above? The ones more forward are under pool and ones mid and aft are under Lido.

I even heard someone complain about hearing basketball late and that would be more aft.

I've been under a 24 hr Pizza area before and will NEVER intentionally book under a noisy area again -- especially for what the Neptunes cost compared to regular balcony.........the amenities are so nice though! ;)

Thanks if any of you are around to respond............

I've asked this separately but since you all have been in a Neptune suite on Maasdam I wonder if you can tell me which area is the least noisy from deck right above? The ones more forward are under pool and ones mid and aft are under Lido.

I even heard someone complain about hearing basketball late and that would be more aft.

I've been under a 24 hr Pizza area before and will NEVER intentionally book under a noisy area again -- especially for what the Neptunes cost compared to regular balcony.........the amenities are so nice though! ;)

Thanks if any of you are around to respond............

Travelingla, this thread is almost a year old, just keep that in mind.