Progresso with kids, would you take a stroller?

Texas Trio

We leave Saturday. My 3 almost 4 yr old is about out of the stoller stage but I am thinking about taking our old umbrella stroller specifically to use in Progresso. We will probably take him along into port for some shopping and a stop at the beach. From reading the posts, it sounds like the area is small enough to walk most places around the port but far enough to be trouble some for a little guy in the heat. He is staying on the boat in Belize. In Coz we are going to Chankanaab. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think we will need it there as much.

Opinions?

If I decide to take it alon, I might just leave it behind in Mexico.

We leave Saturday. My 3 almost 4 yr old is about out of the stoller stage but I am thinking about taking our old umbrella stroller specifically to use in Progresso. We will probably take him along into port for some shopping and a stop at the beach. From reading the posts, it sounds like the area is small enough to walk most places around the port but far enough to be trouble some for a little guy in the heat. He is staying on the boat in Belize. In Coz we are going to Chankanaab. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think we will need it there as much.

Opinions?

If I decide to take it alon, I might just leave it behind in Mexico.

I was there in March with our 2.5 year old. Did not use the umbrella stroller ashore. The walk from the bus stop to the beach is a short 3-4 blocks. As long as you don't plan to venture further you'll be fine without.

If it's not too big of a hassle for you I would bring it. There isn't enough room to use it in the fenched in shopping area because it is too crowded, but you could use it while walking towards the beach and along the sidewalk that runs along the beach. Earlier in the day it is not as crowded on the city streets as it was later in the day. If it is just an umbrella stroller and is lightweight I would go for it. Also I would find a young Mexican family as I was leaving to give it to- that should be easy enough and I am sure they would really appreciate it. Have fun and be ready to say "no" alot!!

Bring it. My sister and I did a lot of walking around with out kids in Progreso, we were there 2 years ago on a Celebrity Mercury cruise, and my nephew was 2 years old when we went. I think we were there for about 3 hours, which would have been tough for her without the stroller. We went to the little shopping area (outdoor), the food market, which was very interesting, quite a contrast from our supermarkets, then we went to the beach, rented chairs and umbrellas (really cheap), and had sodas and beer (also really cheap).

I really liked Progreso, very authentic, and very different from most resort ports.

Archived