Carnival reef & ray excursion or no?

kac13090

I can't decide and was hoping some people that have been to Grand Turk before can give some insight.

I'm not sure if I should book the reef & rays excursion thru carnival which would bring us snorkeling & then to swim with the stingrays. Or... I was going to do the conch graveyard and walk up the beach. Can you swim and snorkel at the beach right off the boat?

My DH and I did this tour last summer on the Carnival Freedom and absolutely loved it. It was so much fun. My DH touched one of the nurse sharks during the reef portion. I was a little freaked out when they kept saying the sharks are over here. I was thinking....Yeah right! No he wasn't kidding. They stayed at the bottom near the reef and my DH had to swim down to "pet" them. I didn't feel threatened once. Then we got back on the boat and went to where the sting rays were. They beached the boat and we all got off and into the water. You could hold them, kiss them and such. It was really hot and sunny in Grand Turk so make sure you have sunscreen on and reapply often. I highly recommend it.

We did have some time afterwards to walk around. Sorry it took me a while to get back to you as I wanted to find my papers from last summer. :) The tour was from 8:30 to 11am and we had to be back on the ship at 1:30pm, so depending how far the Conch Graveyard is you may have time.

Archived