• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Question About Various Discounts on Cruises?

GranysT

I just booked a cruise, thru a well known online agency, for April 2014. At the time of booking the agent informed me, I was elegible for $125 past guest discount. Ok Great. However, I just became Diamond, and found out I can get $250 off, for booking a balcony. I also just saw a C&A Savings Certificate, with $150 off on my cruise.

Can any of these discounts be combined? Most likely, I just have to choose the best one out of the 3 offered, Right?

I just booked a cruise, thru a well known online agency, for April 2014. At the time of booking the agent informed me, I was elegible for $125 past guest discount. Ok Great. However, I just became Diamond, and found out I can get $250 off, for booking a balcony. I also just saw a C&A Savings Certificate, with $150 off on my cruise.

Can any of these discounts be combined? Most likely, I just have to choose the best one out of the 3 offered, Right?

The past guest discount your agent quoted was the Emerald Discount. You are now eligible for the Diamond discount instead which is $225 per cabin, not guest and that is if your cruise is 6-9 nights long and booked 6 months prior. If less than six months, it is $200. C&a Certificates are not combinable with the balcony discounts.

RCI does not offer a past guest discount per se simply for being a repeat customer on every booking - if that is what it is being described as then it likely is something being offered by the TA. However, RCI Savings Certificates are offered on certain cruises based on being a C & A member.

As maureencruiser indicated, what is also offered by RCI is a C & A tier level balcony discount which is per stateroom and at Diamond is at the amount correctly described in their post.

You are correct regarding the Balcony and Savings Certificates (which are separate and both per stateroom, not pp) - you need to pick the one providing the best value to you on your given itinerary. However any commission based perk offered by a TA is separate from that.

Not many discounts are combineable so pick the best one and forget about the others. But double check when booking.

Archived